PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
I really enjoy grain like that and a smooth finish. (not hearing/addressing the questions like would I pay that price, like the shape, proportions, etc etc etc. In a perfect PAD world, I'd take it! I'D TAKE THEM ALL!! ALL OF THEM IN THE UNIVERSE!! MOOWOOHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!) Time for you to go take your pills now, dear. Yes, dear. Sorry. Could you loosen my straight-jacket just a little please?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The $800 pipe is stogy in an impressive way, nice birds eye, and the stout shank is distinctive. The $675 pipe has beautiful blast, but it is a lot for a very small pipe. I agree you could get two or three fine artisanal pipes for either dollar amount, but of course, Lindler has the prestige. Between the two, I like the appearance of the the blast, lithe and snappy. Nice stem work on both of them.

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
Well, an interesting discussion. I really wish I hadn't blown posting the photo thereby bringing value in to the question.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Yeah I've been there. I'm certain, with price removed, the general consensus is it's a beautiful pipe made by a renowned carver. No arguing with that.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Beautiful birdseye, and as much as I like a Cumberland stem, just too plain to me.

literaryworkshop

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 10, 2014
Mobile, AL
Very nicely made. Proportions are distinctive. The shank is a bit long and thicker than on a usual billiard, and there's more "chin" on the bottom of the bowl. It all gives the pipe a solid, substantial look. The stem work is excellent.
I really like the billiard and all its permutations, and while this isn't a quintessential example of the form, it's a beautiful pipe on its own terms. Classic without being a copycat. That's hard to do.
If he can get $800 bucks for it, more power to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.