PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
I have a treasure trove of fond memories of my grandparents, but their insistence on watching Lawrence Welk instead of The Muppet Show is not one of them...

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
My wife was raised on Lawrence Welk and champagne music!
Yeah, that was a constant when I was growing up - my parents watched his show religiously. Hearing the Ramones for the first time changed my life... :D

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Yeah, that was a constant when I was growing up - my parents watched his show religiously. Hearing the Ramones for the first time changed my life...
lol!
My parents did not watch Welk... my mom wasn't much into music per se and my Dad was either country (Waylon Jennings, George Jones type of stuff) or Neil Diamond.

erichbaumer

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 4, 2012
Illinois
@cmdrmcbragg: Blind Guardian is one of my absolute favorite power metal bands! Them, Sabaton and Iron Maiden. Maiden may not technically be power metal but I just consider them the founders of the genre. Along with Dio.

@roryumfelt: I'll definitely check them out. If they have anything in common with the bands I mentioned they have to be good!

kanada

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 8, 2014
i usually only smoke while I read and I always put on classical music in the background. Any composer will do, also good orchestral sound tracks. my old routine used to be: pipe, coffee, book, music, fireplace

jimbo69

Might Stick Around
Jun 21, 2014
Anything from the 60's-80's of my youth, Classical and more recently operatic metal (leaves eyes, evanescence, nightwish, etc.) I have been known to crank up the old Maiden, Motorhead, Sabbath from time to time.

ddavid

Lurker
Jul 27, 2014
Very relaxing especially in the evening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o031JMU6K8

cuchulain

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 28, 2014
Massachusetts
I usually put on The Clancy Brothers station on Spotify when I'm smoking and reading a book. Unfortunately that tends to bring up a bit to much Celtic Punk, but it's alright.
In general I listen to Red Dirt and Outlaw country.

roryrumfelt

Might Stick Around
Jul 21, 2014
Somones got to make a flowchart for pipesmokers.

You smoke a lot of irish flake? your gonna listen to power metal,

you smoke virginas~ your probably going to like 70's rock. hahahaha :laughat:

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Classic Rock, Soul, R&B, Bluegrass, Blues, Folk, mostly. Lately I've been listening to the likes of Lyle Lovette, Jesse Winchester, Guy Clark, Leonard Cohen, Vince Gill, and some old clips of Merle.

Here's a link to one of Jesse's tunes. I enjoy the artists who write stuff. Kriss Krisstofferson is right there with Willie or better...you can tell when it's real.
I hope this works..I've passed by a prelude to clip this at the point that Jesse begins his song entitled: Little Glass of Wine"

cuchulain

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 28, 2014
Massachusetts
@rsuninv, Celtic Punk's alright in moderation, or if I'm in the mood for it. It's just jarring as hell to go from Liam Clancy's clear tenor to some guy who learned all the wrong lessons from Shane MacGowan's singing style.

Status
Not open for further replies.