PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jttnk

Lifer
Dec 22, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
I like my weekend morning coffee and a pipe. Evening Rum! I wish I liked bourbon or scotch but I just can’t. I like to try all kinds of rum. Like tobacco or wine trying to taste all the nuances from each distillery and country of origin.

gerryp

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 8, 2018
Arabi, LA
Iced sweet tea is my favorite with a pipe pipe. I love beer but usually go for heavier ones, which to me tend to overwhelm the smok flavors. Sometimes I'll drink a lighter one when I smoke. The other day It was Belhaven Wee Heavy, which is still pretty heavy but not bitter. Yesterday I had Port Orleans 3 Day Weekend, which is a light, slightly tart ale with lime and hibiscus.
Although...Sipping some Johnny Walker Black (splash of water only) with a bowl isn't too shabby ether.
@ blues4goose: I hadn't thought of absinthe, I'll have to try it soon since I'm overdue for a bottle anyway.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Yesterday, peach smoothies my wife makes with fresh peaches I buy at the farmers market and ice. Great way to hydrate.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Tea! In the summer I drink it slightly sweetened with a splash of rose water and/or orange blossom water on the rocks. In the morning it’s usually Yerba Mate, Scottish, Irish or English breakfast. In the wintertime I drink a lot more hot teas like Lapsang, Earl Grey, Oolong and all of the breakfast teas I already mentioned. Every now and then I’ll pair a smoke with coffee but I can’t stand the aftertaste that coffee leaves, always have to brush my teeth after coffee. I enjoy the feel from caffeine in tea much more than coffee and I’m assuming that’s because of the l-theanine which paired with caffeine makes for a clean, non jittery buzz. I don’t drink alcoholic beverages anymore, I don’t like the how it makes me feel, sluggish and tired.

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
Usually water with a splash of lemonade or limeade. On the weekends or vacation, it’s often beer. Bourbon is always great when it’s time to drink bourbon, and recently I’ve become a big fan of pairing a Manhattan with the few burley blends I smoke regularly. One of these days I’m gonna lay out some $$ for a bottle of some sipping rum to drink neat. I bet that will go great with a smoke

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Va/VaPer in the morning.........coffee/americano
English/Aromatic at night...........bourbon, scotch, rye, irish whiskey, stout, barleywine, old ale, etc.
I try not to have alcoholic beverages with the pipe, since it increases oral cancer risk due to irritation, but goddamnit, it's just so good, and I erroneously justify it by the infrequency with which I smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.