What do you drink with your smoke?

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

redglow

Preferred Member
Jan 7, 2019
Michigan
Coffee most of the time. Sometimes tea. The occasional diet coke once in a rare while. I need something a little on the sweet side when I'm puffing on some fine tobacco. I think it enhances the tobacco flavor.

jaytex969

Preferred Member
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Isn't everything enhanced with cheap scotches?
I lean more towards cheap rum for "enhancement"...

anthonyrosenthal74

Preferred Member
Jan 8, 2013
I find it really delivers in bringing out the flavor of my smoke, plus coffee with chicory is just amazing. I find it odd that it's not more popular.

Also very good is a strong brewed semi sweet black tea.
This is really nice from time to time...

On a hot day, this stuff is king...

And then there is this...

davek

Preferred Member
Mar 20, 2014
I like hard cider myself. In the summer I'll ferment for a week or so and drink it right off for a lighter drink on hot days.

lochinvar

Preferred Member
Oct 22, 2013
Coke, Barq's Root Beer, or a lemony iced tea. I like something sweet to help keep the nicotine from getting ahead of me.

brooklynpiper

May 8, 2018
I'm a coffee man now. Kentuckys and burleys especially. My drinking days are behind me now, but @tbradsim1 has the right idea :)

gatorlope

Preferred Member
Feb 5, 2019
South Florida
For a change, I’m enjoying some blackberry iced tea today. I’ve been working in the yard and the heat & humidity have combined to give us an equivalent of 98 degrees Fahrenheit!

I’ll probably be back to my coffee after I’ve showered and cooled down a bit.

blues4goose

May 15, 2019
Bethlehem, PA
In my opinion, there's really not a better pairing with most pipe tobacco than good absinthe. I prefer the flavors of scotch & bourbon on their own or with a cigar, but absinthe works really well with most non-aromatic pipe tobaccos, or anything topped with anise

hoosierpipeguy

Preferred Member
Jan 28, 2018
Coffee with the first smoke of the day then a combination of water and brewed tea. Some Matcha on some days. Beer or bourbon on rare occasions.

jojoc

May 10, 2019
If at the lounge, port (they only have a beer/wine license).

If at home, bourbon (Woodford, Knob Creek, Blanton's, or whatever I have at the time) or Trader Joe's blended Scotch.
Some times water, or nothing at all. My drink choice habit was driven by smoking cigars, which I find the hard alcohol really helps to clean the palate, and is almost necessary with cigars. Much less of an issue with the pipe
I don't smoke in the morning, and can't do coffee at night, so.....

gatorlope

Preferred Member
Feb 5, 2019
South Florida
Circumstances dictate and the recent warm spell has given us “feels like” temperatures of 105 degrees plus!

So I’ve been drinking iced coffee! :puffy: