PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Retired Director of Sales. Now I'm lead guitarist/keyboard player in a classic rock band, League Of Ordinary Men (LOOP). The pay is less but the fun factor is priceless.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Retired construction worker. Now I'm kinda like Arthur,an old fart messing around in my shop with pipes and such.

maduroman

Part of the Furniture Now
May 15, 2010
if i told you i would have to kill you....
but they call me Tony 5 Donuts...

wannafly34

Might Stick Around
Jul 7, 2011
I'm a tech ops analyst for a large online travel company, and the worship leader for our church.

smokinjoe

Lurker
Jul 22, 2011
I'm a broke college student, but I don't by the text books because you can borrow them from the library for free :)
I'm not sure what I am going to do; I was a Computer Science major so I could do game design and programming, but I'm really not sure if I wanna continue. I'm thinking of working as a translator as I can speak English, Spanish, French, Italian, and I'm taking Japanese at the moment. Next two languages are going to be Mandarin and Arabic.

mjtannen

Can't Leave
Jan 3, 2011
What do I do? Ha NOTHING! Retirement rocks! I've been an acute care New York City hospital administrator, clinical practice manager, University graduate program director and adjunct professor, and a volunteer Auxiliary Police Officer. Now I do what I want, when I want and I plan my activities around my next smoke. I always knew there would be a light at the end of the tunnel. I'm just glad it's at the bowl of my pipe and not just in New Jersey.

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
I am a partner in an Immigration and Business Management Consulting firm. Basically, we help migrant investors either find a suitable business to purchase, or to plan and set-up operations on their arrival to Canada, and represent them on their application for Permanent Residence with Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
I will have a degree in elementary and special education.

That is awesome Bambam; my wife is a special ed. teacher, I can't think of a more nobel profession. I wish you the best of luck (not that I wish any of the rest of you ill will, of course!).

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
I am a shipwright by trade, though I don't do it for a living. Mostly I am unemployed throughout the year, and run a painting company over the summer. I teach kids to sail in my spare time.

Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
Spent 10 years working for a major cable/telecommunications company as a draftsman, fiber design, and project manager. I'm now working in telecommunications doing FTTX, or Fiber To The Premise architectures.
Summed up...I'm in telecommunications engineering.

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
My Job is hard to put a title to. I am the front desk manager at a boutique Hotel and at the same time I am the assistant sales and marketing manager for the same hotel!
... And then I have my most important job, which is being a Moderator here! :mrgreen:

nabottle

Can't Leave
Apr 27, 2011
I own a painting company, Legion Bros. Painting, Inc. in Central Florida. We do a lot of specialty work like venetian plaster, acid staining, faux finishing, etc. We also paint Circle K, Hess, Shell, Schools, Hospitals. This work has taken us all across the gulf states to Texas and up the Atlantic coast as far north as Boothbay Harbor, Maine.

cyndi

Lifer
Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
I'm currently a stay-at-home mom since Career Cyndi didn't exactly work out with Mommy Cyndi. When I worked, I was in Strategic Operations at a large dotcom. Mostly I pulled data from our plethora of software and turned it into reports people could read and use. Every month my small team put out a 200 page report that was used to guide the company decisions.
Since I've switched to Mommy Cyndi, I've worked on small hactivist projects like getting smart phone translation and first aid apps in the hands of the NGOs in Haiti and keeping internet proxies active for Iranians during the protests. I also run our Etsy shop and work on my computers and art.

Status
Not open for further replies.