PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I can't remember. But when I saved enough dottle and tried to smoke it, it was foul. This abridged my pipe smoking good sense. Being from the bottom of the bowl with that entire bowl's smoke drawn down through it, it should have been noticeably stronger and more flavorful. But no, it was nasty!

timelord

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2017
Gallifrey
I dump them into a tobacco pouch which i carry for smoking on the hoof. I'll also occasionally top that up from a new tin of different tobacco when I fancy a change. Can make the smoke unpredictable but never boring :sher:

When I'm not smoking on the hoof I'll fill my pipe straight from the tin and not mix the dregs.

LikeDadDid

Can't Leave
Apr 27, 2021
Virginia Beach
2. Start a can of scraps, mixing everything together until I have a full tin
This is funny, because I've noticed that some tobaccos are marketed as being good for blending, and my first thought was "right, like the hobbyist is going to do better than the makers" but then I realized that it's just like the way that I mix breakfast cereals. So count me in for option two. And I'm gonna add some marshmallows from my Lucky Charms stash.

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
This never happens to me. It seems like there is always enough/not enough tobacco in the tin to fit in a whole number of bowls.

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy

SpookedPiper

Lifer
Sep 9, 2019
East coast
I usually dump it into the plants, at one point I was and still have a ball jar filled of tobacco that didn't fit and maybe some day I will press it into a plug but these days I am pretty good at judging how much fits in the pipe and the few stands get dumped into the nearby plant.

Status
Not open for further replies.