Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 14, 2012
Previously a restaurant, banquet, private club manager. Then a portrait photographer, then had a camera store. Now retired.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Currently, I home school my kids, in the process of writing three books, a working musician, part-time producer and full time US Constitution scholar(In the making) :wink:

kaboom

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 12, 2012
I managed a performance tuning parts shop for the best part of three years until the secondhand car dealership that was our parent business went under and took us with it. That was really, really fun and I got to work with clients that shared my passion for cars and speed.

After that I spent a year and a half in Revenue Management for a mid-sized Spanish hotel chain. Eager to get out from behind a desk I took a front-line operations training opportunity that lasted for four months and had me bouncing from department to department between 4 hotels. Absolutely LOVED every minute of it, from doing Hotel Management work to cleaning rooms. After the four months I was offered a position as assistant to the Regional Operations manager and was dumb enough to take it, so i'm now back behind a desk 8 hours a day. It's better than revenue management, but definately not as much fun as working in a hotel. I didn't mind them at the time, but I certainly do not miss the 14-hour days and occasional 12-day workweeks though.

Couldn't very well take an hour off work to smoke a bowl in the Performance tuning shop and also wasn't heavily into pipes back then, definately couldn't smoke in Revenue Management and can't now in Operations Management. I do get a hour's lunch break, but I use that for, well, lunch.

I don't necessarily smoke a pipe every day, but on the days i do, the pipe's usually lit within the first 10 minutes of getting home.

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
You see, she was gonna be an actress

And I was gonna learn to fly

She took off to find the footlights

And I took off for the sky
And here, she's acting happy

Inside her handsome home

And me, I'm flying in my taxi

Taking tips, and getting stoned

I go flying so high, when I'm stoned
Taxi -- Harry Chapin

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4qYU9b5OF8M

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Wow. Nice thread. Peck, are you still playing piano?
I am working as an International Relations Manager of a local private company. We are the only dealer of Chevrolet and distributor of several other vehicle service equipment, lubricants, spare parts companies.

johnnyiii

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2013
hertford nc
My pic is me on the job. I frame, trim, build cabinets, and put beautiful finishes on them.
Smoke in the truck, in the shop, and outside when not windy.
www.johnjwoodard.com

averagegent

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 22, 2016
I'm a student, studying Ancient and Early Medieval History, having previously studied Classics. I'm also a writer, amongst other things.

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
Wow. Great thread.
First job at 16 was construction for a local contractor doing HUD renovations. Passenger in a BAD car accident a year later. Retail after that, gas station, health food store (thus began my herbal research). Became a Licensed Nurse in extended care facility and played drums in a few bands around the same time in early twenties...candle at both ends so to speak. Record store clerk. World class university-town restaurant worker. Years in Market Research. Home Health Care for a few years. Attended Indiana University for Archaeology, then minored in Anthropology, never did get that damn degree. Electronics Technician, televisions, stereos, appliances. Currently trying to remain productive while dealing with effects of 28 year old Traumatic Brain Injury and multiple musculoskeletal blunt force traumas. Still an Alternative Medicine guinea pig with decent results. Doing some Writing, a little fiction and a little non-fiction. Working on 130 year old farmhouse our friend bought (It's a frickin' lemon). Currently smoking pipe all day (outside!) and teaching my cat Loki both String Theory and Unified Field Theory to accelerate the process by which we can capture free electrons to power our TARDIS so I can meet Tesla and a 30 year old Sophia Loren. I'll likely dance with Tesla and talk about energy, frequency and vibration with Ms. Loren. :crazy:

joshb83

Can't Leave
Feb 25, 2015
Love the thread! I'm a US Marine recruiter recently relocated to upstate NY. I've been a jarhead for 12 years now, looking at the final 8 years to retire and start a new career as a college professor in US History. I've been smoking pipes for about a little over a year and love every minute of it:) Now it's just time to find a decent B&M around here:)

sw0snuff3r

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2014
I'm a software developer in a small shop. I get to pop out for a smoke pretty much whenever I want and browse the forums when things aren't busy so I have it pretty good that way.

jdhayes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 15, 2016
Add-Mixture Tech at a cancer clinic. I'm the bartender pretty much, I get to mix all the chemicals that they inject into people. I make a mistake and people can die, keeps me on my toes. I don't smoke or even talk about it really at work because we are dealing with the big C here. Oh, and I'm a part owner in an independent pharmacy and a part time bass player.

unluckysouth

Lurker
Feb 3, 2016
I am a disabled vet, and my job is to pretty much try to take care of the house. I collect disability for injuries that has happened to me. So needless to say I have time, I do feel bad for my wife for the time I was gone and what I put here thru but getting better every day. Semper Fi!

demetrakopoulos

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 1, 2015
Chicago, Illinois
I am a disabled vet, and my job is to pretty much try to take care of the house. I collect disability for injuries that has happened to me. So needless to say I have time, I do feel bad for my wife for the time I was gone and what I put here thru but getting better every day. Semper Fi!
Thank you for your service. I hope things start getting better soon for you, and I really hope that the government is doing its part in helping you as much as you've helped everyone else.
I'm a full time high school Spanish teacher, and a part time firearms instructor/salesman. I also vend at various horror movie conventions across the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.