PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipebaum81

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2014
This is a great thread. Loved reading all your stories especially those I consider personal friends.
I've spent the last 13 years enlisted in the United States Air Force as a Low Observables/Aircraft Structural Maintenance technician. We are responsible for everything related to the structural health and repair of the airframe including corrosion control/prevention and coating system (paint) up keep. In recent years, with the addition of stealth platforms, we have taken on responsibilities with regards to the unique paint systems these jets require.
Smoking on all Air Force installations is banned in all areas except for designated tobacco areas (DTAs) and select base housing. I smoke once a day usually right around sunrise. I am 33 and the majority of our force is 18-24. Needless to say, my pipe smoking turns a lot of young heads.
j/B

zachstorm

Lurker
Apr 3, 2015
Florida
Currently doing my 9-5 as a Civil Engineering technician, and in school for Mechanical Engineering. It's definitely cool to see the varying people that are part of the pipe community!

echie

Can't Leave
Jul 7, 2014
Amsterdam
I'm a programmer. Mostly backend (i.e., server stuff) in Python, though I'm currently writing an Android app (for pipe smokers! Can't wait to release it) - It's a fun change of pace :)
I can't smoke inside the office, but I've been finding the time to go downstairs for a pipe every now and then. I live in Amsterdam, so when it's sunny and/or not too windy, I walk up to a canal and have a bowl there. It's quite a treat! I have a 1-month-old baby at home, so I don't smoke there at all, which makes these breaks at work my main pipe smoking time, at the moment.
Nice thread :)

rwramsey

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 15, 2014
I retired one week ago today, prior to that I was as a labor/bargaining unit negotiator for the Department of Defense.

jimbo69

Might Stick Around
Jun 21, 2014
IT, as a senior systems engineer and senior security engineer for around 20 years or so. Being the only piper at work I do get strange looks. :puffpipe:

alexnorth

Apr 7, 2015
I'm an electrician working mid-sized construction sites. No time to smoke on the job. I like to relax with a bowl of quality tobacco during warm evenings on the balcony or in the garden.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
I'm a 2nd shift supervisor for a large municipal wastewater plant. 5 years to retirement, counting them down! I can sneak out for a bowl now and then.............

stickframer

Apr 11, 2015
I'm on a framing crew mainly building multifamily housing. I love being outdoors everyday but it's too busy to smoke a pipe. As soon as I'm home though I kick back on the deck with coffee and a bowl.

maxx

Apr 10, 2015
My job is of absolutely no social significance whatsoever. Aside from that, I'm a self-published author of a Young Adult novel which I wrote years ago when living with a woman and her two boys (I have no kids, myself). I need to get started on another book, this time for adults. I'm a dabbler and a dilettante, immensely curious but surrounded by coworkers who wouldn't know a syllogism if it knocked them down.
I am no prophet — and here’s no great matter;

I have seen the moment of my greatness flicker,

And I have seen the eternal Footman hold my coat, and snicker,
http://www.poetryfoundation.org/poetrymagazine/poem/173476

webbie

Lurker
Jan 28, 2015
I've been a golf cart technician working in a large repair shop for 13 years. I get to sneak out for an hour long puff every day

Status
Not open for further replies.