PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

strongcity

Lurker
Feb 26, 2015
I am a classically trained musician and music teacher (just finished a DMA and currently looking for a University position). I’m a conductor, keyboardist, and professional choral singer, and I've played gigs on organ, harpsichord, and piano.

Which right now means I'm a church organist. Covid has been particularly terrible for performing artists. I'm glad to have the income, as many of my full-time performing friends have been completely out of work for the past year.
Congrats on the DMA - - Big achievement! Which church do you play for? Phoenix, right?

musicman

Lifer
Nov 12, 2019
Cincinnati, OH
Congrats on the DMA - - Big achievement! Which church do you play for? Phoenix, right?
Thanks! It was a long haul, but it will (hopefully) pay off in the end.

I'm in Tucson, and I play at Dove of Peace Lutheran Church. It's a rather modest church with a very supportive staff and congregation and the best music program in town. We're in the middle of building a new organ, so that's pretty exciting too. It won't be my final destination, but it's a good place to be right now.

rajangan

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 14, 2018
Edmonton, AB
I worked in a grocery store meat department from 13-15y/o, I baled hay for a week, I worked at McDonald's and seven eleven for 6 years, then I became an industrial radiographer. It's been 24 years with a couple years off as an acupuncturist. I'm currently doing radiography and concurrently working on a masters of psychology.

Status
Not open for further replies.