PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kilgore Trout

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 5, 2019
Arturo Fuente Hemingway Classic Maduro. 1st third was just leather and a natural tobacco sweetness, with a bit o black pepper. 2nd third the pepper went away and was replaced by a hint of coffee and chocolate, and I mean a HINT. Final third the leather took a backseat to a ton of brown sugar and black coffee. Really enjoyable smoke.
Unknown.jpeg

lelik

Lifer
Aug 21, 2019
HE7Vaym.jpg

odobenus

Dec 15, 2018
Vermont
Smoking a small Montecristo White Series while I sort out my TAD shipment for the week! Had to jump on the CRF with Perique drop because I'm a mindless sheep, but I did have the good sense to make myself a mega cigar sampler while I was at it...

Which THREE would you smoke first?
Nice selection! I might reach for the L'At first. Or the Serie V. I'd be interested to know what you think of the La Aroma De Cuba. Made by Don Pepin, right?

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Smoking a small Montecristo White Series while I sort out my TAD shipment for the week! Had to jump on the CRF with Perique drop because I'm a mindless sheep, but I did have the good sense to make myself a mega cigar sampler while I was at it...

Which THREE would you smoke first?
Nice haul! Lot of good ones. I'd go La Aroma EE, L'Atelier and Fuente Double Chateau. Or maybe Epernay (is it an Epernay 2nd from top?), Melanio, La Aroma Classic... Or maybe... So many nice choices there.

Jun 23, 2019
Nice selection! I might reach for the L'At first. Or the Serie V. I'd be interested to know what you think of the La Aroma De Cuba. Made by Don Pepin, right?

Have yet to try a La Aroma De Cuba but I do think they are affiliated with Don Pepin. I'm a sucker for a pretty babe on a well-made wrapper. Will report back when I've tried one.

Also it's been very hit or miss with Oliva with me. Fingers crossed on this one.

Nice haul! Lot of good ones. I'd go La Aroma EE, L'Atelier and Fuente Double Chateau. Or maybe Epernay (is it an Epernay 2nd from top?), Melanio, La Aroma Classic... Or maybe... So many nice choices there.

Been very happy with L'Atelier's offerings, I'm excited to try the La Aromas too!

Jun 23, 2019

ilnth1Ql.jpg

Wow - I really enjoyed this. Started with the faint smells of manure - a great early omen. Smooth smoke, good full-bodied mouth-feel, not particularly strong. Didn't really take notes but I really liked the taste, especially the peppery retrohale.

odobenus

Dec 15, 2018
Vermont
La Aurora Preferidos 1903 Edition Pareja, Emerald corona w/ the Ecuadorian Sumatra wrapper. Kind of a weird aroma on the cold draw, almost a little kimchi/vinegar-ish, but pleasant cedar-forward flavor once lit; fairly mild, though, and certainly too mild for out with the cows on a windy day; seriously wonky burn too. Retreated to barn where it was more enjoyable, but still felt bored with it and tossed with well over over two inches to go.
IMG_8259.JPG

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
Por Larranaga Picadores with ice water

It's actually a San Francisco Giants shirt that is a take-off of a Black Flag shirt. Same logo but it says "Black Orange" instead of flag.
I'm an A' s fan so I'm not supposed to like anything Giants related but I do like the idea for the shirt. Black Flag has been a long time favorite band of mine. I enjoy the reunion of the old members, they are calling themselves Flag. It's fun to watch them still going hard.

Dandy Pipesmoker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 8, 2020
Switzerland
I smoke cigars only occasionally on summer evenings. Better if accompanied by a good glass of whiskey. When I do this I usually smoke one of the Havana that I keep in the humidor (I stock up every time I go to Cuba). They are usually corona or robusto hand-made by the torceadores without the brand anilla. Really excellent and at an honest price.

Status
Not open for further replies.