Lifer
Aug 21, 2019
P5di370l.jpg

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
All of my melanios are splotchy sticks :LOL:

Does the melanio change at all at the bigger vitolas? I've only ever had robusto size.
They're just incredible Ecuadorean Sumatra wrappers. I love the way they look. The only sizes I haven't had are the double toro and torpedo. I don't think I've noticed much difference between the sizes in terms of flavor.

NomadOrb

(Nomadorb)
Feb 20, 2020
SoCal
They're just incredible Ecuadorean Sumatra wrappers. I love the way they look. The only sizes I haven't had are the double toro and torpedo. I don't think I've noticed much difference between the sizes in terms of flavor.
They're beautiful wrappers to be sure. It seems Oliva is pretty consistent across vitolas, except for maybe lanceros.

jerseysam

Can't Leave
Mar 24, 2019
Liberty Township. OH
20200830_135132.jpg

I don't have a ton of experience with this stick....but had a few with 2 or so years of age on them and gave it a whirl. Actually really nice and a somewhat unique spin on Nicaraguan flavors. For sure you know its Nicaraguan.....but really nice baking spice way on top of the red pepper and earth.

Nothing fancy on construction/band...didnt know what to expect and dug it. To steal a pipe term this is a stick that really profits by sipping. You push the puff at all and it blands out...but sip and its baking spice/aged tobacco cream on familar Nicaraguan flavors. Don't know if theres a big audience for slow-smoke, subtle Nicaraguan....but its a nice back of humidor surprise for a Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.