Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

burleyboy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2019
Europe
I'd suggest splitting em in two , using a a cigar cutter, thats the way they mostly do it down in Italy

Thanks! That’s how I did, according to your advice in another thread. I enjoyed it quite a bit but for me it was on the edge of being too strong... I‘m having another half cigar right now puf

Reactions: oldtoby

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Why no cigars? I ask myself. I've enjoyed some good cigars over the years. Of course, I like the big price break on pipe smoking even with up-market tinned tobacco, compared to cigars. But also, I really like the flexibility in terms of mixing blends at will each bowl. Also, I don't find it appetizing to smoke cigars intermittently, whereas with pipes, it's a given, with a day between relights if desired. With a cigar, you're committed to the whole experience, and if you're interrupted, it becomes second rate. At some point I will enjoy another cigar, but for now, the pipes have me.

Reactions: Bengel

oldtoby

Dec 7, 2011
Earlier a Punch Elite double maddie.

Apparently you can't even buy a hat without a warning label these days...3295

Reactions: rogers

rogers

Mar 9, 2012
Another Padron 2000 while cleaning a few more pipes earlier. 'Bout to fire up a LFD Air Bender and watch the sun go down.

Reactions: Bengel and oldtoby

lelik

Lifer
Aug 21, 2019
Late night cigar. Buenaventura.
SkdSOXF.jpg

Reactions: rogers and oldtoby

oldtoby

Dec 7, 2011
Not today, but last night:
El Rey del Mundo
Corona Inmensa
This bundle has got to be pushing 10 years old and then they were a decent cheap cigar, though a little harsh.
Now all cedar and smooth. Age doesn't make a bad cigar good, so I think these were decent to start with and just needed the time to smooth the edges.
El Rey’s are a long time fave for myself, the Robusto Larga in Oscuro being my top pick.

The Corona Inmensa’s were their short filler cigars and surprisingly good. I loved them. Pardon used to make a short filler “Fuma” that was a killer stick for the price. I miss those Something awful.

Reactions: Bengel

Bengel

Lifer
Sep 20, 2019
El Rey’s are a long time fave for myself, the Robusto Larga in Oscuro being my top pick.

The Corona Inmensa’s were their short filler cigars and surprisingly good. I loved them. Pardon used to make a short filler “Fuma” that was a killer stick for the price. I miss those Something awful.
The Padron 2000s are great, have not added to the cooler for awhile, may need to get those :col:

Reactions: oldtoby
Status
Not open for further replies.