PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

chicagopiper74

Might Stick Around
Nov 17, 2019
Illinois
I see this fairly frequently at Tobacco Reviews. I am familiar with English, Virginias, and all of the Virginia combos (VaBur, VaPer, etc). So what defines an American blend vs the others?

Best,
G

Rebub24

Might Stick Around
Nov 26, 2019
From the glossary on Smokingpipes : "Traditionally, this tobacco blend consists of Virginia, Burley, and Oriental in varying proportions, often cased with aromatic flavors. "

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
bullet, if Ethal Merman doesn't sing it then take me out to the park park is substituted.

Seriously though any thing mfg on US soil is ours and no one can argue that fact.

Jan 27, 2020
Not exactly related but how much does the country that the tobacco is grown effect the end product? Obvious with grapes regarding wine the land and climate effect the end product greatly but unlike tobacco the grapes seem to do the best where they likely originated from.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
A thousand vineyard owners will hotly debate that! Especially those on the West Coast of the US.

And tobacco is subject to not just the country, the state or county where it's grown, but the exact micro climate there, as well as the nature of the soil.

Jan 27, 2020
A thousand vineyard owners will hotly debate that! Especially those on the West Coast of the US.

And tobacco is subject to not just the country, the state or county where it's grown, but the exact micro climate there, as well as the nature of the soil.

Perhaps, I can’t afford to drink most American wines and the ones I can I would only do so cut with Sprite.

Magpiety

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 7, 2019
Kansas City
It seems that there's a distinction between American OTCs and "American" blends like Junkyard Dawg and Match Country Doctor that contain a bit of latakia.

Reactions: anotherbob