What, Currently, is Similar to Penzance?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 23, 2019
Every time a Penzance thread comes up on the forum I go smoke a bowl.

For me, Quiet Nights is the closest in that 'creaminess' (Chelsea Morning also) but obviously the flavor profile is different.

Reactions: ram74 and jpberg

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
^^This for me. I have Penzance, SLF and Quiet Nights in my cellar, and I have to say that aged QN is similar to Penzance IMO. I even prefer it over Penzance most of the time.

However, there is something very ethereal about Penzance and that is what is hard to compare. It is very complex and I usually pick up something different flavor-wise each time I smoke it. QN can have that as well, but it is usually a little more straightforward with the complexity hanging out in the background.

Penzance appears to be very well aged tobacco, and the processing is different than Pease leaf. I chalk it up to the Virginias - Germain & Sons certainly sources some phenomenal raw material, and the process hasn't been duplicated in anything else I've tried. It's certainly a very nice tobacco, but I can put up 8 oz cans of QN with ease.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Around these parts, “SLF” means:

View attachment 228522
We have these training videos we have to watch at work. So far the best one was the kill the spotted lantern flies on sight video. Why because there is something oddly and deeply satisfying about watching an earth muffin hippie type tell you all the ways you can kill something and how much you really need to kill the heck out them.

Uruss

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 22, 2022
Are you located in Madison/Huntsville? I looked, but I didn’t find any. They had some other things I purchased. I’m also open to any suggestions you might have.
I am! Honestly its been years since I've had Penzance so I'll have to break some out soon and see if I have any suggestions then.

Peterson314

Can't Leave
Sep 13, 2019
We have these training videos we have to watch at work. So far the best one was the kill the spotted lantern flies on sight video. Why because there is something oddly and deeply satisfying about watching an earth muffin hippie type tell you all the ways you can kill something and how much you really need to kill the heck out them.
It's a rare event when I am intrigued enough to watch your corporate training video.

Reactions: anotherbob
Status
Not open for further replies.