PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

maineyachtie

Can't Leave
Aug 14, 2010
Asus 4Gigs Ram, Intel Pentium Dual Cores putting out 2.2Ghz processing speed. Loaded with Windows 7. Yes, Microsoft does work. You just have to be a little smarter than the average appelite to keep things tweaked.

strongirish

Can't Leave
Aug 20, 2010
Lake Conroe, TX
Acer Aspire netbook, I am outside a lot and it's handy and does a good job. I used to be a Mac fan but after 3 Motherboards and 5 hard drives going out on me I moved back to Windows.

chuckw

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2009
Collin, to load W7 would require me to download everything on the XP side, load W7 then download the utility to allow the new software to run the XP stuff. Some of my programs are from W95. and 98.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Windows 7 will run all the programs .The problem lies in support for older chipsets , tv cards and the like . I installed windows 7 over xp then deleated the xp files . This is not the recomended method try at your own risk . Then you have to find startup icons for the older programs and put them all in a folder . Fun stuff for me .

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
The new board is for SATA drives and herself was already mad .Still would like to get a new SATA hard drive . You can upgrade from xp to vista and then to windows 7 , but not xp to 7 ultimate . Thanks Bill ^&()#@^ , . Even though you could do it with the beta .

onizuka

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 28, 2010
I am now a big fan of Apple computers. I used to be into PC's but genius that is Apple (though many will beg to differ) could take me forever to write up - and I probably wouldn't even cover all the bases. Don't get me wrong, I'm no computer wimp - I myself love different distros of Linux and I was a super XP fan, I still remember computers that booted up from a floppy and where a 10 MB hard drive was the size of two firehouse bricks. What turned me was my iPhone 3GS, the first Apple product I've ever owned. After that, my friend showed me his MacBook Pro with the large touch pad - I have never used anything as innovative in all my 20 years of computer experience. After that, I bought myself a MacBook in 2009, it's the white one with the large touch pad and no buttons, the touch pad itself is a button, just like the aluminum version.
Well, I can honestly say, my next power house of a computer will probably be the Mac Pro desktop. It's not just the hardware, it's the interface and the fact that a lot of programs written for OSX are written to optimize functionality of the hardware architecture.
With all that said: I post mostly on my MacBook or iPhone.

ernest

Can't Leave
Aug 31, 2010
And with the advancement of technology,hobie1dog uses his iPhone.Aint we living in a great time?

zarb

Lurker
Jun 3, 2010
If it's not my iPhone 4, then it's my Asus g60jx laptop( stock except for SSD). And once in a while my custom desktop(to much to list).

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
9721653_ra.jpg
Just picked up one of these from Best Buy. Not a bad little power house for cheapskates. You'll have to fiddle with it like updating the bios and video driver and the front panel is hinky but the guts are good stuff for not much money.
ASUS Essentio

Status
Not open for further replies.