PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ernest

Can't Leave
Aug 31, 2010
In a world where you do not see a great deal of hand writing anymore,I thought it would be interesting to know what kind of computer some of us are using for posting.I use an ASUS netbook,10.5" -Small,simple,and works for me.

wallbright

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 22, 2010
My IPhone 4 right now since I'm on the road. However, my computer I post on is a Dell XPS 1530 notebook computer.

chuckw

Oct 7, 2009
An HP/Compaq Windows machine running XP Pro. It is liscensed for Windows 7 but until Billy completely abandons XP, I'm sticking with it.

peace

Lurker
Sep 3, 2010
All I know about my computer is that it's written ACER on the front. And that I have Windows Vista. All the rest, all the technical stuff, I don't know, don't care about. As long as is works, I leave all the other gizmos to my wife!

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
What started out as a Compac, now fondly called Frankenputer after several updates and mods.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Depending where I am and what I'm doing ...
1. Dell Inspiron 530 Desktop (running Vista). (My main office work computer)

2. Dell Studio XPS 16 Notebook (running Windows 7). (New laptop for travel)

3. Compaq Presario Laptop V6000 (running XP). (Old laptop to run stuff new Windows won't, and to keep something with XP)

4. Droid (Motorola / Verizon / Google).
I also have an HP Pavilion d4500e Desktop (XP) in the office that I will start using to crunch video.

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
I use these depending on what time of day and how I feel...
2010 Macbook Pro 2.26 GHz intel core 2 Duo, 4 gigs ram, 250 gig hard drive. (primary computer)
2008 Macbook (white) 2 gig RAM is all I know (wife's computer, my old one)
or
2008 iMac (24 inch I believe) was my work computer now it is the guest computer...

chlogeo3

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 27, 2010
Only APPLES for me! IMack and Iphones. I am through with "Little BIlly's Gates " problematic MicroSoft!

collindow

Jul 15, 2010
Portland, OR
Chuck, you really should move to Win7! It's great!

I'm running a home-built Win7 box, with a Phenom II X4, dual- HD 5870s, 4GB of RAM and a capacious amount of hard drive space. 1.5 TB so far as I recall.

And I pretty much use this to look at pipes on ebay. I waste a lot of power lol.

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
2007 iMac, got tired of Billy's Micros%#@&*() and Windows headaches. Sure it is more expensive that a PC, but well worth the investment. Have never had a problem with the machine.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
My home built AMD Phenom running at 3.7ghz . 6 gigs corsair ddr3 mem , GA-890FXA-UD5 Gigabyte mother board . twin gtx 260 video cards . Cooler Master cooling 9 fans total , Fan controller , blueray and plain drives . Windows 7 x 64 bit , 500 gig hard drive . or my old laptop .

classicgeek

Apr 8, 2010
Right now, I'm giving my wife's new iPad a try. Most of the time I post from my iPod Touch or from my ancient Powerbook.
Simon

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Dell Studio, Pentium Dual Core processor, and 218 Gigs, I keep some of my movies, and pictures, Audio, etc. on my Hitachi 500 gig external hard drive.

I collect dust with my desktop.

dudleydipstick

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2009
I'm using an antique Dell Dimension with only 256mb of RAM.
I did have a Mac, which I kept for about a year and sold on Craig's List. I didn't care for the walled garden. I'd still be using though if I'd just installed XP on the hardware.
Seriously, I'd assume grow a beard and learn Linux before I'd ever get another Mac.

Status
Not open for further replies.