PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
Arturo Fuente Rare Pinks Signature with some Kenyan coffee.

View attachment 116875

How are these? They have not come through middle Tennessee in any significant quantity (a couple boxes last time and a couple this time, both times evaporated before they even hit the shelves). I finally got a pack of the Naked Kings and am letting them rest for a few weeks. I've been wanting to try Fuente's Nicaraguan tobacco ever since I heard about it first several years ago. I cannot fathom the feeding frenzy that will occur when they release their first Nicaraguan puro.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
What a surprise to find it here Paul!
It is one of my favorite Toscano, unfortunately the "Intero" (whole) form it has not been produced for some time due to commercial choice.
They kept the "Ammezzato" (split) version with less ripening,
View attachment 115990
but in my opinion (although the company denies making any changes) it's a different blend.
I prefer the whole, in case I cut it in half ;).
Mine were gift from a person who works in a duty free bonded warehouse ,in all probability *old stock but still smokable

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
One of these with cognac on the side...
WG3b3eM.jpg

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
How are these? They have not come through middle Tennessee in any significant quantity (a couple boxes last time and a couple this time, both times evaporated before they even hit the shelves). I finally got a pack of the Naked Kings and am letting them rest for a few weeks. I've been wanting to try Fuente's Nicaraguan tobacco ever since I heard about it first several years ago. I cannot fathom the feeding frenzy that will occur when they release their first Nicaraguan puro.
I liked it quite a bit... Purchase restrictions during the event at my local shop kept me from getting more than one, but I wish I'd gotten a few. Or a box (yeah right!). They had some pepper spice to them, though certainly not an overwhelming amount, and also some brown sugar and floral sweet elements. I thought it reflected both its Nicaraguan and Fuente heritage pretty well. I think the price was right in line with the Hemingways, which isn't too bad either. Hopefully Fuente will do a regular release Nicaraguan at some point, and after the initial craze, they become as readily available (and as good) as most of their other regular lines.

Now smoking an Añejo from the same Fuente event. With a double of Sweet Maria's Polar Expresso blend.

20211227_183433.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.