PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Now smoking this 2019 Trinidad Esmeralda. Creamy, hay, a touch of peppery spice. Immaculate construction, beautiful wrapper. Probably the best Cuban I've hade the pleasure of enjoying but I've always been partial to Trinidad. Unfortunately only scored one 12ct box so these will be savored.

View attachment 79895
I believe Trinidad was one of the three marquees that somehow escaped the government's machinations for maximum production in the 90s that destroyed 100s of years of the cigar knowhow that had made Cubans the very best cigars on the planet.

burleyboy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2019
Europe
How are they compared to say a cheaper cuban brand, Jose l Piedra, Quintero etc in that viola ?

I cannot give a certain answer as I had a Jose L Piedra only once... And well - the reason why I only had one, was because I did not like it. So no definitive answer here, but I guess they must use better tobaccos in those a bit higher priced cigarlillos.

Brendan

Lifer
May 16, 2021
Cowra, New South Wales, Australia.
I cannot give a certain answer as I had a Jose L Piedra only once... And well - the reason why I only had one, was because I did not like it. So no definitive answer here, but I guess they must use better tobaccos in those a bit higher priced cigarlillos.
That was actually the answer I was looking for in a way.??
I’m fond of RyJ and the occasional petit corona, but am tempted to go the “lesser” Cuban maker’s to save a few bucks.
Meh, life is too short to not smoke what you want anyway ?

lelik

Lifer
Aug 21, 2019
Caldwell Eastern Standard Cakewalk
IdZu90Gl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.