PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockyrepose

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Wyoming USA
Here is a follow up post of the RA. I'm a blue collar guy and I obtained two of these as a result of the reddit tobacco heyday now long gone. Both of these were wonderful smokes with great draw, construction and flavors. Bread sweetness and exceptionally mild for a RA particularly. Were they worth the price of admission? No. I've had many a cigar from other regions and Cuba that were much better. I had the opportunity to get them and splurged. Smoked the 1st one when I burned the mortgage and the 2nd today.

20210705_124110.jpg

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
One of these on the deck...
3AFa3qW.jpg

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Pretty good? I’ve come a gnat’s ass away from ordering some of those on multiple occasions.
This was the sumatra. So so in my book (a sweetened cap?Why?) I'll smoke these but would not reorder. It is my understanding some of the others are good...
Hailing from Nicaragua with a premium blend of Nicaraguan fillers and binder all dressed up in a Sumatra wrapper leading to a sweet, smooth, and creamy experience. A sweetened cap leading to earthy notes and a solid, robust finish. Med.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure Especial
View attachment 87383
How was it? I bought a 10er back in 2015 or 2016, the first Cubans I'd bought in years, and they were mind blowing. Some of the sweetest, creamiest cigars I've ever had. Unbelievable richness. Like my first hit of Oxy, I have been chasing those cigars ever since. :LOL: At this point, I have started to wonder if they were as great as I remember, as I have been slightly disappointed with boxes of Epicures 1 and 2 (still good cigars, though).. Are the blends different enough to account for how much better I thought the Especiales were, or did I just hit the jackpot in terms of the right box made by the right factory with the right leaf at the right time?

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
How was it? I bought a 10er back in 2015 or 2016, the first Cubans I'd bought in years, and they were mind blowing. Some of the sweetest, creamiest cigars I've ever had. Unbelievable richness. Like my first hit of Oxy, I have been chasing those cigars ever since. :LOL: At this point, I have started to wonder if they were as great as I remember, as I have been slightly disappointed with boxes of Epicures 1 and 2 (still good cigars, though).. Are the blends different enough to account for how much better I thought the Especiales were, or did I just hit the jackpot in terms of the right box made by the right factory with the right leaf at the right time?

Love em. I haven't had a bad HdM Epicure, especially the Especial. It's a bit of a time commitment, but the creamy apricot and exotic wood draws me back again and again.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Here is a follow up post of the RA. I'm a blue collar guy and I obtained two of these as a result of the reddit tobacco heyday now long gone. Both of these were wonderful smokes with great draw, construction and flavors. Bread sweetness and exceptionally mild for a RA particularly. Were they worth the price of admission? No. I've had many a cigar from other regions and Cuba that were much better. I had the opportunity to get them and splurged. Smoked the 1st one when I burned the mortgage and the 2nd today.

View attachment 87238
So you paid off the mortgage? Yeah!!

Status
Not open for further replies.