PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor construction plagued initial Viaje releases (chiefly the gold and silver lines), and I never looked back after sampling those. Have been honestly surprised to see the brand still in production. Perhaps they addressed the QC issues?
Not in my opinion... construction issues showed up in the current cigar also ... only a few minutes in

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
'13 PLMC. This is the cigar right here where if they discontinue it, I'm d-o-n-e with Habanos SAView attachment 68432
Lol, it is so primed for deletion... Hits every criteria. A skinny, budget-friendly price and from one of the non-Global marcas.

On the other hand, this fairly random panatela being a cult favorite should be a hint to HSA. But I suspect it isn't the hint they're interested in taking, so I guess we just have to hope that maybe management over there isn't even aware of its existence ?

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
Crowned Heads Mil Dias Sublime (6 X 54). Really enjoying the first half.

View attachment 68630View attachment 68631
What did you think of it overall? Been meaning to try it after hearing some good things. I have liked the cigars I've had from that Tabacalera Pichardo that Crowned Heads has been working with, especially the Pichardo Clasico with the Ec. Sumatra wrapper.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
Trying a Curivari Reserva Limitada as a hopeful match for a GrayCliff 10 Year Vintage. No dice. Any suggestions ?
I've never had the Graycliff 10 Year Vintage, but I looked it up. Looks like it is still available? CT. Broadleaf wrapper with Nicaraguan and Honduran guts. If you're looking for a cheaper alternative, this won't help but the Liga Privada No. 9 has similar components. Same with The Tabernacle. There are plenty of good Broadleaf wrapped Nicaraguans. I suggest Enclave Broadleaf, Jaime Garcia Reserva, and La Aroma de Cuba. Those are all good.

The Honduran Punch Maduros also have Broadleaf wrappers and filler from Honduras and Nicaragua. They are a solid choice for a very fair price.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.