PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

DanWil84

Lifer
Mar 8, 2021
The Netherlands (Europe)
Can anyone suggest some cigars I might like given my piping tastes?

I love me some dark, strong blends like Ten Russians, Nightcap, War Horse Green, 1792, but also Maltese Falcon, among others. Haven't smoked a cigar in probably twenty years, so it's all foreign to me.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!
Like most said, longfiller cigars are way different. With cigars the color of the leaf could say something, where the region the tobacco is grown is more responsible for the flavor than you might think. I've had Maduro's (dark wrapped cigars) that where incredibly smooth where a connecticut shade (light wrapped cigars) made my eyes water because of the white pepperyness and vice versa.

For getting a taste of cigars I would shy away from comparing it to pipetobacco, go to a lounge or call upfront when ordering and get yourself informed.

@onepyrotec does that airfreshner smell like massageoil?

lelik

Lifer
Aug 21, 2019
Arturo Fuente Rosado Sun Grown King T Tubos
GX0Q6YX.jpg

sparker69

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 25, 2022
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Romeo y Julieta Short Churchill. Being a noob cigar smoker, this one is clearly telling me why Cuban cigars are way so different from other world cigars. I’m totally conquered by it’s flavor and the “burning pace” it allows me to have.View attachment 297199
The first cigar I ever smoked beyond a couple for the birth of my kids. At the cigar lounge in Cayo Coco, watching Cuban baseball on a small tv with the hotel staff. Good memories.

TN Jed

Lifer
Feb 3, 2022
Franklin, TN
www.battlefields.org
Can anyone suggest some cigars I might like given my piping tastes?

I love me some dark, strong blends like Ten Russians, Nightcap, War Horse Green, 1792, but also Maltese Falcon, among others. Haven't smoked a cigar in probably twenty years, so it's all foreign to me.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!
I find Toscano Master Aged Series to be as close to a pipe smoke as a cigar can be; ymmv. They are made with dark fired tobaccos.