PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

BronzeAgePiper

Might Stick Around
Sep 28, 2023
Boone>Wilmington
Big chillin on the hottest day of the year so far me thinks (1 degrees shy of 90). Smoke is dry cacao followed by espresso with a lemon wedge then off to a sweet dry cedar finish. Closest I’ve come to falling in love with an Ecuadorian maduro wrapper I believe, still much prefer San Andres or PA broadleaf. 80min smoke, not bad for a petite corona.
IMG_5499.jpeg IMG_5504.jpeg

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Now having a Bahia Maduro Corona Gigante/Churchill (7.0" x 54) on the porch. Wasabi is happy to be outside.

20240525_160131.jpg

20240525_161353.jpg

Earlier, I clipped some maple saplings that were growing by a bush where several birdies hang out next to the house. It’s 82⁰ and I’m sweating just sitting here with my cigar and tea. Thankfully, there’s a nice breeze. Susan expected to just relax on the porch and do nothing, but after seeing the pile of clipped branches I made, she decided to clip and bag them.

20240525_162216.jpg

Speak Easy

Lifer
Jan 12, 2024
Western Oklahoma
Now having a Bahia Maduro Corona Gigante/Churchill (7.0" x 54) on the porch. Wasabi is happy to be outside.

View attachment 312919

View attachment 312920

Earlier, I clipped some maple saplings that were growing by a bush where several birdies hang out next to the house. It’s 82⁰ and I’m sweating just sitting here with my cigar and tea. Thankfully, there’s a nice breeze. Susan expected to just relax on the porch and do nothing, but after seeing the pile of clipped branches I made, she decided to clip and bag them.

View attachment 312924
@TheIronMonkey Be interested to hear your opinion on that stick. Been thinking of giving them a try.

This RP Dark Dominion is progressing nicely and has some good flavor to it. Think it will definitely get better with some rest.5B8FB4BB-0567-4E5C-9777-0601D1FC164A.jpeg

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
@TheIronMonkey Be interested to hear your opinion on that stick. Been thinking of giving them a try.

This RP Dark Dominion is progressing nicely and has some good flavor to it. Think it will definitely get better with some rest.View attachment 312935

I like the Bahia Maduro. It has a pungent aroma—you can detect a hint of ammonia if your nose is right by the smoke. In terms of flavour, there’s a sweetness, a hint of cedar woodiness (mixed with unsweetened cocoa). It’s not a complex smoke, but twenty sticks of this size and gauge for under seventy bucks, they’re nice smokes for taking strolls and not worrying about breaking the bank.

Speak Easy

Lifer
Jan 12, 2024
Western Oklahoma
I like the Bahia Maduro. It has a pungent aroma—you can detect a hint of ammonia if your nose is right by the smoke. In terms of flavour, there’s a sweetness, a hint of cedar woodiness (mixed with unsweetened cocoa). It’s not a complex smoke, but twenty sticks of this size and gauge for under seventy bucks, they’re nice smokes for taking strolls and not worrying about breaking the bank.
Thanks for the info! Give Wasabi a pat on the head for me 😁

Last edited:

johnnyflake

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 29, 2023
Henderson, Nevada
I just finished smoking my #1 cigar from 2019 a Bespoke Super Belicoso. It's a shame as now I only have one left and they are no longer made! Not as intense or flavorful as they once were but still a stellar smoke. Soon I'll have to decide what will replace it as my #1.

Attachments

• MVC-001S.JPG
    MVC-001S.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 2
  • MVC-002S.JPG
    MVC-002S.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 2
  • MVC-003S.JPG
    MVC-003S.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 2
  • MVC-004S.JPG
    MVC-004S.JPG
    110.1 KB · Views: 2
  • MVC-006S.JPG
    MVC-006S.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 2

dottlejockey

Can't Leave
BH Fumas Maduro Corona. Due to the construction being not great I decided to punch this one. That’s definitely helped. So far these have stayed consistent with flavor. Right at a 1hr smoke. Pretty happy with them so far!

I've smoked through several bundles of these over the last few years. Nice BH flavor and one of the finer constructed short filler sticks out there. I used to take them to work often and smoke them at lunch. 👍