PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
That was my suspicion as well.
Shame my humidor is already stocked with 70% humidity packs if the turn in flavor does turn out to be moisture related, but at least drying out a cigar doesn't take much effort.
What the RH in the room your cigars are in, you can always opn the humidor and get them to a different RH, if it’s got a good seal and the RH s steady you might not need the packs. I got in a bunch of boxes and they were all “warehouse damp” and screwed my cabinet, 65% humidity in that room i just left the door open for a few days and let everything come down then closed it back up.

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
I haven't seen many pictures of these since the original pre-release parties, but you pull these out regularly. When did the boxes finally become available? I gave up on waiting, and then when the price increase was announced, I knew it would be a non-starter.
Low friends in high places! Haven't seen them at LCDHs but then I haven't looked lately, can't afford the crap they are putting out. The new 55th Anniversary Cohiba lists for 300 a stick, i was gifted one out of the factory, looks like shit, can't bring myself to smoke it even though i was taught early on "It's better to say you smoked a great cigar than to say you have a great cigar". I was buying Davidoff No 1s for $50 a piece not that long ago even those were special occasion birthday or herf cigars, I am afraid to see what they go for now. Last of Mitchel's auctions i bothered to look at the prices made me sick.

Ever since the Asian market decided that vintage / rare Cubans were a status symbol the prices have been untouchable for us normies. The last cuban davidoffs i bought i got a partial box of No 1s, 9 sticks for $600 and that was a steal 4 years ago, the collectors wouldn't touch the partial boxes they only wanted sealed boxes so they could stack them on display in their offices and impress their friends, but they didn't smoke them, it's status and and a commodity to them. Look at pictures of the Habanos festivals now compared to 10 years ago or even a few years ago, mostly Asian ballers now.

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Status
Not open for further replies.