PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwussow

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 7, 2021
Pewaukee, Wisconsin
I had a macanudo that was maduro earlier it was quite pleasant though the last third the experience tapered. I’m going to try to stick to pipe smoking for a while and let the rest of the humidor contents age some. View attachment 123297
Over the past few years I have determined that any cigars I buy go into the humidor until the following year. I have had some cigars that were just terrible when I smoked them right after purchasing them. I just stocked my humidor this month, and I won’t touch those cigars until next summer. The results are always superior.

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Bolivar Belicosos Finos
gKmUyRpl.jpg
A favorite! Better than just about any other torp out there.

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
A favorite! Better than just about any other torp out there.

I've had some amazing Vegas Robaina Unicos that were like smoking tiramisu with a prune and brandy sidecar. I also plan on turning to the Upmann no 2 when I finally run out of Upmann Petit Coronas, my formerly twice-a-week smoke.

Smoking this beauty this evening:
IMG_20220625_193905327.jpg

A couple of years ago, I started re-exploring the non-Cuban world after smoking 95% Habanos for quite a few years. I am very glad I did as I have found my palate had developed and with it, I find myself liking cigars I used to not care for (such as the wonderful things Eiroa had been doing). Additionally, I missed a LOT of NC releases while I was being snobby with my Island cigars. This JdN is case-in-point: the Nicaraguan filler has finesse, smoothness, and depth I've only previously associated with Dominican and Cuban tobacco. They're a wee pricey, but after I finish these few, I need to fenagle a box. The filler seems pre-aged, so I'm not sure that they will benefit much from aging. This is a fine celebratory cigar and I need to try the Lonsdale, which was apparently used as a diplomatic gift by the Nicaraguan government, similar to the original Cuban Cohiba Lanceros.

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
I've had some amazing Vegas Robaina Unicos that were like smoking tiramisu with a prune and brandy sidecar. I also plan on turning to the Upmann no 2 when I finally run out of Upmann Petit Coronas, my formerly twice-a-week smoke.

Smoking this beauty this evening:
View attachment 153397

A couple of years ago, I started re-exploring the non-Cuban world after smoking 95% Habanos for quite a few years. I am very glad I did as I have found my palate had developed and with it, I find myself liking cigars I used to not care for (such as the wonderful things Eiroa had been doing). Additionally, I missed a LOT of NC releases while I was being snobby with my Island cigars. This JdN is case-in-point: the Nicaraguan filler has finesse, smoothness, and depth I've only previously associated with Dominican and Cuban tobacco. They're a wee pricey, but after I finish these few, I need to fenagle a box. The filler seems pre-aged, so I'm not sure that they will benefit much from aging. This is a fine celebratory cigar and I need to try the Lonsdale, which was apparently used as a diplomatic gift by the Nicaraguan government, similar to the original Cuban Cohiba Lanceros.
Have many CC friends that are feeling the squeeze of the increase and went from smoking cubans for 20 and 30 yrs to branching out into NCs .. i think a few of them like some of the Caldwell line actually.

Egg Shen

Lifer
Nov 26, 2021
Pennsylvania
Over the past few years I have determined that any cigars I buy go into the humidor until the following year. I have had some cigars that were just terrible when I smoked them right after purchasing them. I just stocked my humidor this month, and I won’t touch those cigars until next summer. The results are always superior.
I agree. It’s so annoying though, having to do this. I feel like in the mid nineties when I first got into cigars you could have a great smoke without having to age it. Now there is so much stuff that’s expensive and must be aged to not be bland. I feel this is the case even with brands that are heavily espoused on here and elsewhere. I think I’m done trying new cigars due to this, honestly I’m just sick of the bullshit. For $12 or whatever it really ought to be excellent as sold. The Fratello I had yesterday bored me to death for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.