PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Those of you that have been around cigars awhile will remember when Cigar Aficionado had a charity auction in 1994, and the exclusive Diplomat Trinidad, based on a Cohiba Lancero, 7 1/2" x 38 gauge, (not sold in stores at the time and earmarked as diplomatic gifts) was selling for several hundred dollars per stick. Prices at auction in the late '90s were breaking records and Cuba decided to cash in by making a version available to the public. In 1998, they released the new public version of the Trinidad in one size, Fundadores, 7 1/2" x 40, available in Cuba, Mexico, and lastly, Canada. A dear friend in Vancouver gifted me one of these. This is the original flat label, with no embossing. Unfortunately, many years ago, there was a summer without air conditioning and I had a battle with some tobacco beetles that required freezing some sticks and resulted in some of my cigars having holes—this is one of them. In any case, I finally decided to smoke this particular stick. It was originally supposed to be smoked as part of my Birthday Haul Weekend a week and a half ago, but, it was too cold outside. Today is warmer, so it's time to light up this puppy (the background is the lid one of my Amboyna Burl Elie Bleu humidors).

Jeff's-Trinidad-Fundadores-01.jpg

JKoD

Part of the Furniture Now
May 9, 2021
IN
Hadn’t had a cigar in months. So, decided to spark one up this evening when I got home…

BD1FF8C8-9923-41B5-BD74-6821C6797809.jpeg
Went in and had dinner…came back to garage to grab a beverage - and the aroma grabbed me… so, I had to grab another stick to enjoy…
637F4CAC-15AB-47F9-9FF2-127B94D0A829.jpeg
Haven’t bought sticks in two years…so, I’m now debating on how I want to do this in the evenings… pipe or cigar…ok, both. ?

This will be a joy going through some old friends and see how they’ve changed. They’ve certainly faired well condition wise - but, perhaps going to dry box a few and see how they do. These might be a touch on the moist side of what I like to smoke. But, still very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.