PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Started with this and had to pitch it, that’s two out of this box that have had major construction issues.View attachment 158477
Was the draw too tight? The PerfecDraw tool has saved cigars that were unsmokable for me. It’s a tool worth getting—its cost gets amortized with every cigar you don’t have to toss.

Sep 18, 2015
Was the draw too tight? The PerfecDraw tool has saved cigars that were unsmokable for me. It’s a tool worth getting—its cost gets amortized with every cigar you don’t have to toss.
No, the draw was normal. It developed a hard spot almost like a knot as soon as I lit it. I’m not sure what causes this but it’s like the tobacco chars but will not burn, I put a triple flame to it and just held it there, still wouldn’t burn. I tried cutting it back about an inch and relighting and it still wouldn’t light.

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
No, the draw was normal. It developed a hard spot almost like a knot as soon as I lit it. I’m not sure what causes this but it’s like the tobacco chars but will not burn, I put a triple flame to it and just held it there, still wouldn’t burn. I tried cutting it back about an inch and relighting and it still wouldn’t light.

Uncured leaf? Could be the strain of tobacco, too. I'm thinking of the Habana 2000 wrappers when they first came out. Absolutely fireproof.

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
Last of the Mag 50s. One of the first cans i bought, 2008 50 count cab. Had no idea they were OR, i gave 10 of them out at the shit heft that night, one of the best Upmann ive ever had. Wish i had those 10 back ? View attachment 158667

Remember those fondly. They started a little salty and a little sweet, then just built and built to a musky, full-bore crescendo. One of the best Habanos I ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.