PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
Thanks. Is the manufacturer name 601? Or is 601 a line by the unstated manufacturer? It looks a tad light for “oscuro” to me. And it is very dense with almost no give when squeezed so it may be too tight of draw for my tastes. This was a random buy.

601 is the name of the line - they have this green label, but also used to have a red and blue label. I haven't had any (other than a random gifted cigar) for over 10 years. They used to be owned by Espinosa y Ortega, but when those guys went their separate ways, Espinosa kept the line and now produces it.

Agree that wrapper looks a little lighter than your typical oscuro, but the beauty of that is it suggests no dyes were used to artificially darken the wrapper, which is a practiced by lots of manufacturers such as Rocky Patel.

Egg Shen

Lifer
Nov 26, 2021
Pennsylvania
601 is the name of the line - they have this green label, but also used to have a red and blue label. I haven't had any (other than a random gifted cigar) for over 10 years. They used to be owned by Espinosa y Ortega, but when those guys went their separate ways, Espinosa kept the line and now produces it.

Agree that wrapper looks a little lighter than your typical oscuro, but the beauty of that is it suggests no dyes were used to artificially darken the wrapper, which is a practiced by lots of manufacturers such as Rocky Patel.
Unfortunately this had damage to the lower half and cutting it was catastrophic. If I owned a punch style cutter perhaps it would have been salvageable. I ripped it to shreds and sprinkled it around my garden. Switched to this CB4CF0B2-7050-413D-9C88-4994FD067624.jpeg

Egg Shen

Lifer
Nov 26, 2021
Pennsylvania

Shame on ROCKY P. and “other manufacturers “

Egg Shen

Lifer
Nov 26, 2021
Pennsylvania
Must be 601 Day…. My first, Green Label. It’s pretty strong, but I like the flavors. Smoking slow! I love the Espinosa Murcielago and working through some other stuff. Tried the Sarsparilla this week and a La Ranja Reserva to test as well. View attachment 164725
I like your yard. Reminds me of a place in Paradise Valley I used to get to visit.
Today I smoke this, after smoking a few half-smoked pipes that I have lying about 778FA328-E9EB-4D05-AF4F-3FB347B16EAF.jpeg

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
What do you think? Justo Eiroa from Aladino is having an event at my local shop Sept 24th, looking forward to that.
I thought it was real good! The guy at my shop said he thought it was like a Habano Vintage Selection without an aged wrapper. I actually thought it was a bit more miedum in body, and less "punchy" overall than the vintage selection, but I thought it had a ton of flavor, and some real complexity to it. Like, if I had to guess which one used more aged tobacco, I would have guessed the Classic, not the Vintage Selection (which I also really like). It felt kind of light in the hand, and burned somewhat quickly (70 minutes for a toro), but considering the price, those are really small complaints. I'd consider getting a box.

Hope the event is cool. Aladino has been a wild success, and really showcases just how good Honduran cigars can be, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.