What Aromatics are good for a new pipe smoker?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

12 Fresh Dunhill Pipes
60 Fresh Savinelli Pipes
12 Fresh Rossi Pipes
48 Fresh Peterson Pipes
48 Fresh Brigham Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

skylonrow

Might Stick Around
Feb 23, 2011
Great Britain
Havn't tried it yet :'(
I can only smoke on weekends. Parents dont like me smoking in the house, and I'm not allowed to smoke on the University campus.
So, I just wait until the weekend to kick back over the park and have a few bowls.

skylonrow

Might Stick Around
Feb 23, 2011
Great Britain
I smoked all three and although they were a nice smoke and I would definatley buy again, I'm still having trouble detecting the 'flavour' in the tobacco. I mean the cherry smell really strongly and I smoked it in my brand new peterson to break it in and although the reviews say the the cherry taste was 'very strong' I smoked the entire bowl without a hint of cherry, the same went for the vanilla and the connoisseurs choice.

They were a good smoke, were nice to keep lit thick smoke, creamy and I will buy again but is there any reason as to why I cannot taste this flavour other than the fact I am new to pipe smoking?

echopipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 7, 2011
People say that Golden Dansk is Peter Stokkebyes answer to 1Q. Maybe that's sold in UK? Its good and lots of cloudy smoke.

And very easy to smoke. soft on the palette. bulk so maybe less $$ making it easy to sample as a new smoker.

oldjazzlover

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 4, 2011
Take it slow and just relax and enjoy, I'm sure the flavor will come. Your patience in smokeing will reward you with wonderful flavors! :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.