PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
McClelland VA related stuff mostly, Beacon Extra, Dark Star, St. James, etc. Have found them, just not willing to pay the gouge prices for 100g of something I've never tasted.

Would also love to try Motzek Strang and Condor Plug (or any condor, really)
Still also looking to find Esoterica Peacehaven, Cardiff, and Hastings, just so I will have tried the lot.
Still hunting for a few Germain blends as well, mostly the brown/dark flakes.

Reactions: Saintwilliam

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Germaines Uncle Toms Mix is a big one for me.
I’d like to try Gawith Sams Flake if it ever shows up again.
Id love to score more of the Tavern Tobacco Boars Head too. I’m really savoring the one tin I have.

jackets

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 11, 2017
Available at Esterval's, FWIW. Shipping will screw you unless you make a large order.
This is the truth. I had Something like 8 tins in my cart and ended up nearly doubling the order because of the shipping charges.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
This is the truth. I had Something like 8 tins in my cart and ended up nearly doubling the order because of the shipping charges.

Yep, only ever made one order there for that reason. During their recent sale I splurged on a bunch of HU, Dan, Capstan, SG, Rattrays, and a few other obscure euro only blends all at ridiculously low prices, as well as a new Vauen Auenland pipe ($100 cheaper than they are stateside). More than makes up for the shipping costs and saves hundreds when you do a large order, but for a tin here and there it just makes no sense.

Reactions: rmpeeps

Mr.Mike

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 11, 2019
Pennsylvania
The ones on my list are always talked about or discontinued or difficult to acquire (EU only) etc. —what are your Unicorns?

Frog Morton’s Cellar
HU Director’s Cut
Squadron Leader
Bob’s Chocolate Flake
There a little pricy but jm Boswell's has chocolate flake in stock. And squadron leader.

Reactions: Akousticplyr

subsalac

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 9, 2018
From a stickynotes on my PC where i write down blends of interest:

Astley's No. 44
Germain's rich dark flake
Germain's royal jersey perique
Rattray's Marlin Flake
Rattray's Stirling flake/Wallace flake
Dan's Ascanian No. 2
Salty Dogs
Full Virginia Flake
St. James Flake
Cabbie's mixture
Doblone D'oro
Dunhill Flake
Peterson Irish Flake/University flake
Peterson 3P's
McConnel Scottish Cake
FT BlackJack / Cut Virginia Plug
Wessex Campaign/Sovereign

Just returning to pipe smoking after thinking I'd quite 10+ years ago. Fairly big Latakia smoker then, but now I only desire Vapers which I regret to have neglected in my first years of smoking due to inexperience. If there's something in the vein of the above tobaccos that's sort of under the radar that anyone thinks I should prioritize to look for I'm all ears and I'd love recommendations.

Reactions: danimalia and vates

Saintwilliam

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 26, 2019
I would love a couple tins of Christmas Cheer... alas there is lots of good stuff out there now :)

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
The ones on my list are always talked about or discontinued or difficult to acquire (EU only) etc. —what are your Unicorns?

Frog Morton’s Cellar
HU Director’s Cut
Squadron Leader
Bob’s Chocolate Flake
If you're in the lower 48 I'll send you a sample of BCF. Send me a PM if your interested.

adui

Can't Leave
Aug 26, 2019
Mesa Arizona
Esoterica Pembroke
Nutty Irishman
#10 Downing Street

These are my go to's and so I wish I had an unlimited supply.
Honorable mention goes to Mac B Plum Cake

burleyboy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2019
Europe
Just placed an order of two pouches of Germain's Brown Flake. This got hard to find even in Germany and has been on my to-try-list for some time. Though I'm a bit disappointed, that it is no longer sold in tins here.

Status
Not open for further replies.