PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
Is eating and drinking a hobby? If so, mine is Indian curry vegetables. puffy

View attachment 197175
Eating and drinking are needed for life and comfort on a primative level while building memories and times of remembrance for both good and bad that can be revisited repeatedly and replicated, but rarely duplicated.

They are an expression of one's self and way to share the soul. Both filling and energizing, they help nourish both your inner being and mind. When you prepare food or drink for another, you are sharing a part of yourself in a way that involves all five senses and is more intimate than any actively done while not between the sheets.

Food and drink can be extremely simple, and often the best dishes involve less than 5 ingredients. Yet, they can be extremely complex, involving both creativity and science to create a masterpiece that takes hours to prepare and days to complete.

Yet it is not just the food and drink that comprises these things, for it is the surroundingcircumstances, such as company, song, mood, lighting and visuals, that assist in creating the total package.

Is food and drink a hobby? Perhaps. But I'd like to see you live without them.

jediofthecode

Lurker
Jan 4, 2023
France
For me, video games and brewing beer. I wouldn't really consider pipe smoking a hobby in the same sense. And lately video games a lot less since the little one came.

jeff540

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 25, 2016
Southwest Virginia
Guitar (electric and acoustic) is probably my first hobby (and most expensive). Been picking for 35 years, played in lots over bands over the years, non-professionally. Dog refuses to not be photographed. I have some more acoustics but not out (old Gibson,classical, etc.) I also enjoy tinkering with amps, built one of my own and looking to get back into amp building when I get some more free time.

noname.jpgnoname (1).jpg

Mar 13, 2020
missouri
Guitar (electric and acoustic) is probably my first hobby (and most expensive). Been picking for 35 years, played in lots over bands over the years, non-professionally. Dog refuses to not be photographed. I have some more acoustics but not out (old Gibson,classical, etc.) I also enjoy tinkering with amps, built one of my own and looking to get back into amp building when I get some more free time.

View attachment 197304View attachment 197306
Nice collection.

jeff540

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 25, 2016
Southwest Virginia
Nice collection.
Thanks!

I've owned many guitars over the years, but have gradually filtered them out to my favorite representative of each style (e.g., strat, tele, Les Paul, etc.). Especially the Les Paul, I've owned several dozen over time, but I only have one now, and it'll probably be buried with me or passed on to a grandkid once I'm gone.

Deano

Can't Leave
Dec 28, 2022
Iowa
I like old copper US coins and US stamps. France and colonies stamps also but havnt done much with stamps or coins for awhile. I had a model rairoad but sold it a couple years ago. I like MMO video games. Been playing Lord Of The Rings Online last 3 or so years. Played a lot of others.

Mar 13, 2020
missouri
Thanks!

I've owned many guitars over the years, but have gradually filtered them out to my favorite representative of each style (e.g., strat, tele, Les Paul, etc.). Especially the Les Paul, I've owned several dozen over time, but I only have one now, and it'll probably be buried with me or passed on to a grandkid once I'm gone.
I hear you. I have had quite a few electric guitars and nice amps over the years, but in some circumstance or other they have moved along.

My main focus now is classical guitar. I studied it as a teenager and have come back to it within the last couple years. Buying guitars is a problem for me haha, I think I have 9 or so nylon string guitars now and I'm constantly perusing for more. Buying them is the easy part, it's the trying to get rid of some that is difficult, for me at least.

AvgKsHunter

Might Stick Around
Feb 1, 2023
I’m a serial hobbyist…aka Ive had a lot and likely will continue to find more which drives my wife crazy haha. Over the years I’ve collected/graded/appraised/sold coins (Morgan’s and buffalos), freelanced as a photographer for a few publications, turned turkey calls on a lathe, play table top role playing games, built commissioned gaming tables, miniature painting, fishing, hunting, trap shooting,…. and now a new pipe smoker. My father passed and I was given his collection. I started selling them off for my mom but theni started appreciating them, after researching and spending time with them, as I know my dad did. Should have kept some that I sold but am really enjoying sitting back with my current pipe rotation and developing a taste.

Sinzalot

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 22, 2022
Wales
Just taken up electronics with the intent on making things for a more self sustainable way of life.
Fascinating subject puffy

greysmoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
For years, Jeeps weren't a hobby. They were a necessary form of transportation. Now, truth be told, mi esposa and I generally find that her Lexus SUV is more than enough for us to get around in, with me working from home 100%. She's been out of the workforce since 1993. I won't give these two up, however, so I think by now they qualify as hobbies. They're a 2000 and a 2009; I've owned both since they were new. In fact, the one on the left will turn 23 by the end of this month.

1675428994224.png

Feb 12, 2022
North Georgia mountains.

View attachment 197304View attachment 197306
What's the acoustic box? Looks very similar to my 2019 HD-28