What Are Your Favorite Christmas Albums/Songs?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
LawDawg, are you a UGA grad?

Also, to answer the question, the Supremes Christmas album, any of the Rat Pack Christmas albums are on the turntable spinning at any given time,....

Nope... I'm a Midwesterner. Indiana University and Loyola Chicago. Hope everyone had a merry Christmas!

Reactions: aquadoc

gerryp

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 8, 2018
Arabi, LA
Charlie Brown, Twisted Sister, Time/Life's Christmas cd, A Very Special Christmas Vol. 1 (with Bon Jovi "Back Door Santa") are among my regulars, along with Christopher Lee's metal Christmas stuff and "Oi! To The World" by The Vandals (and No Doubt's cover version), and the Kinks' "Father Christmas".
My favorite, though, is Wild Billy Childish & The Musicians of the British Empire's album "Christmas 1979".

Reactions: python

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
It depends on my mood. My two favorite Christmas songs are probably "All Alone on Christmas", by the great Darlene Love. and "The Christians and the Pagans", by Dar Williams.
I must also give a nod to "Merry Christmas, Baby", originally recorded by Johnny Moore's Three Blazes, in 1948 or thereabouts. It is a Christmas classic in the blues/R&B world.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Leon Redbone's Christmas Island. No arm-wringing for holiday emotions, just good tunes.

Reactions: python

SoddenJack

Can't Leave
Apr 19, 2020
West Texas
The best Christmas song by a mile is Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) by Darlene Love. It’s the only legitimatly good song that could stand on its own without the caveat of being in the Christmas category. The Bing/Bowie Little Drummer Boy/Peace on Earth is also a respectable answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.