Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Since I bought myself an Amazon Firestick I've been having great fun watching all sorts of things on YouTube.

Right now I'm watching clips of the late, great Dave Allen, Ireland's funniest stand up comedian by a long stretch. Not sure if he was known in the States.

Here he is describing how to teach a child how to read time on a clock. I guarantee you will be in stitches watching this ?

Regards,

Jay.?

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
Just realized how far back this thread dates, so some users just got some “likes” for some very old posts ?.

I just binge-watched all four seasons of The Last Kingdom on Netflix. I think the series started on BBC and then moved to Netflix. I’d give it a 4 to 4.5. Basically tells the story of 9th century England, with some great history, though a dose of “artistic license” is certainly applied. There are some great performances and some that are “ok.” Worth watching though.

Reactions: Bowie and jpmcwjr

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Now watching the new Perry Mason. Ain't nothing like the old TV series, at all. Good cast, good acting, good filming, but rough story line. It's so different it requires a brief look-see. Almost no court room drama, at least the first four eps.

HBO. 4/5

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
Going through the second season of “Altered Carbon”.

The series has its core in humans having achieved immortality of sorts, at least for the wealthy. The world is Blade Runner-ish in many ways and occasionally makes an overt homage to it.

Reactions: marconi

chilipalmer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 24, 2017
Since I bought myself an Amazon Firestick I've been having great fun watching all sorts of things on YouTube.

Right now I'm watching clips of the late, great Dave Allen, Ireland's funniest stand up comedian by a long stretch. Not sure if he was known in the States.

Here he is describing how to teach a child how to read time on a clock. I guarantee you will be in stitches watching this ?

Regards,

Jay.?

I used to watch Dave Allen in the 80's. He was hilarious then and his routines are funny today. Modern funny men could do worse than to review his material and learn from it.

Cheers,

Chili

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Still watching a number of detective shows on BBCAmerica, Acorn and Amazon prime video. Currently, we're into The Murdock Mysteries, Hamis Macbeth, The Inspector Lynley Mysteries, DCI Banks and Waking the Dead. It's refreshing to see shows that show people actually smoking pipes and cigars.

Jun 9, 2018
England
Just watched the new documentary on Netflix, Fear City: New York vs The Mafia.
Like all Netflix docs I've seen it's very well done.
It only deals with the 1980's and the famous 'commission trial' of the bosses of the five New York families, John Gotti is only mentioned in passing.

I've watched most of the documentaries there are about the American mafia over the years but there was still some new content in here I hadn't seen before. Hearing the wiretaps and listening in on the conversations of the various bosses was really interesting.
The show mainly interviews the law enforcement that were involved in the case and the prosecutors like Rudy Giuliani. They do interview ex mobster Michael Franzese and also one of Gotti's old crew but that's about it.

I really enjoyed it and give it a 4/5

Trailer:

Status
Not open for further replies.