Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 9, 2018
England
Just watched the trailer for "Air".
It's a biopic of Nike and how they signed rookie Michael Jordan and built a sneaker empire around him.

Ben Affleck, Matt Damon, Marlon Wayans, Jason Bateman, Viola Davis and Chris Tucker are all in it so it's got a great cast. Looks interesting.

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
The Last of Us - continues to be excellent. Great writing and story line. I typically hate CGI special effects, in this show it's done sparingly and very well done. I'm not a video game guy, so I didn't pay attention when it came out, my daughter said I would enjoy it. Definitely a different take on a post-apocolyiptic world. 5/5 for sure.

We just finished watching the five available episodes and really enjoyed it. Surprisingly moving. 5/5.

The opening fly through animation felt so similar to the Game of Thrones and House of the Dragon openings, I said to John and Susan, this should be called “Game of ’Shrooms.”

Reactions: Puffaluffaguss

Puffaluffaguss

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2021
The City Different
We just finished watching the five available episodes and really enjoyed it. Surprisingly moving. 5/5.

The opening fly through animation felt so similar to the Game of Thrones and House of the Dragon openings, I said to John and Susan, this should be called “Game of ’Shrooms.”
Episode three took me by surprise, was it 2 or 3 with the two gentlemen? Either way it's an enjoyable show.

Reactions: TheIronMonkey

vosBghos

Lifer
May 7, 2022
Idaho

5/5

I'm always interested in this case , Lived in North Idaho for 5 or so years , certainly not down with racism in any way, but what was done to this guy and his family is pretty sick...

Puffaluffaguss

Jul 30, 2021
The City Different
I don't know how yall feel about stalkers but the show "YOU" on Netflix is what I'm watching now and it's freaking amazing and strange at the same time. I think it float some of your boats lol.

dunnyboy

Lifer
Jul 6, 2018
New York
The English, a six part series on Prime, starring Emily Blount, is a fantastic Western. One of the best things I've seen this year.

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021
Currently watching Atomic BLONDE, Charlize is so sexy in the fight scenes and ice baths🔥 4/54f008520-989c-402b-91d7-4748daabede6.2dbb8d8257f55f3512b370bc70eb1758~2.jpeg

fightnhampster

Aug 14, 2019
Indiana
Good to hear from you, Inspector Clouseau! I liked Manhattan very much and was disappointed that it didn't find enough of an audience to avoid cancellation It's available on Apple TV+. Where did you see it?
Good day to you too!

I originally watched it on Amazon shortly after it came out. At the time I was buying individual episides. I believe it was originally produced with WGN.

WGN by the way brings back a lot of memories for me growing up. Bozo of the clown and the 'Grand Prize Game', Chicago Cubs and Harry Carey. That station broadcast everywhere!

Reactions: sablebrush52

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Wow. 5 STars Plus. Superb in every aspect.

If you can only watch one movie in 2023, watch this film, it was fantastic. It better win something at the Oscars tomorrow night.

Status
Not open for further replies.