PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Star Trek, the Original Series, Season 1. Renting these from the library (three episodes on each disc, 10 discs total). Never watched the original series all the way through, so it's a whole new experience for me. It's pretty campy, with some ridiculous music at times, but cutting it some slack (which, as my avatar clearly indicates, I am wont to do) for its time period, quite good and worth revisiting. Not going to dethrone The Next Generation, however. 3.5/5

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
I discovered for the first time the delights of 'on demand', 'streaming', and 'catch up' TV since I bought my new Freeview recording device over christmas.

I'm loath to pay subscription fees for services that offer little of interest to me so have been enjoying what is available over here for free and there's plenty of that.

Since setting up the box on the 28th I've watched oodles of documentaries from PBS and other on demand services and couldn't be happier. I just hope they keep adding more material :).

Regards,

Jay.

Jun 9, 2018
England
Been watching The World Darts Championship for the last couple of weeks. Gerwyn Price getting upset with the raucous crowd and deciding to come out in Daft Punk styleé headphones in an effort to block them out was hilarious.
1672697521788.png
I couldn't stop laughing😂. The fact he got beat made it even funnier.

Michael van Gerwen just battered Dimitri Van den Bergh so it's a Mighty Mike v Bully Boy final.

Has the potential to be a classic🎯👌

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Last night I watched on PBS America 'Flood in the Desert', the remarkable true story of the St Francis Dam failure that occurred in California in 1928.

With much footage & photos from the site alongside commentaries from folk involved it was fascinating to watch...a full 5/5.

It so reminded me of the Sheffield flood disaster of 1864 in which a dam collapsed and also took out hundreds of lives including several of my ancestors!

Regards,

Jay.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
I just watched the 4th episode of Midsommer Murders. The first rose to the standard that has kept the show on since the flood. This episode was a little lacking in that department. Oh, this is series 23 of this show. The show will have 6 episodes this year. You can watch it on Acorn.

4/5

gubbyduffer

Can't Leave
May 25, 2021
Peebles, Scottish Borders
Been watching The World Darts Championship for the last couple of weeks. Gerwyn Price getting upset with the raucous crowd and deciding to come out in Daft Punk styleé headphones in an effort to block them out was hilarious.
View attachment 191855

Michael van Gerwen just battered Dimitri Van den Bergh so it's a Mighty Mike v Bully Boy final.

Just caught the tail end of the final. Had to go back to youtube when they said Smith got a 9 dart finish. Didn't realise they were both on for a 9 darter. What a leg of darts. 5 out of 5.

Jun 9, 2018
England
Just caught the tail end of the final. Had to go back to youtube when they said Smith got a 9 dart finish. Didn't realise they were both on for a 9 darter. What a leg of darts. 5 out of 5.
Has to be the greatest leg of darts in history. MVG fell to bits in the last few sets and his averages reflected that.

Bully Boy deserved the win. He's now World Champion and the world No.1 🎯👌

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy
Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
View attachment 191855

Michael Smith's nine darter against Michael van Gerwen in the finals tonight was mind-blowing. Van Gerwen was way off on the doubles tonight. Smith deserved the win—he'd been scoring so well all week.

Status
Not open for further replies.