PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Sigmund

Lifer
Sep 17, 2023
France
View attachment 338387Pipe by Lee three star with black saddle stem this is an interesting Lee as it has a much bigger bowl than most Lee's. Smoking Revelation - I dropped the jar yesterday and had to move what I could save to a humidor. Still picking out a few pieces of broken glass.
Good time to dig out a filter pipe for that blend!

Im up early, couldnt go back to sleep. Smoking a moring pipe with tea. Nyala in a customized Ser jacopo.

1727238278773.jpeg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Passing the first quarter of this bowl of year 2004 Edgeworth Slices in a straight sandblasted black billiard 2013 PSF POY Kaywoodie with an amber colored tapered lucite stem. Had a busy and great day and night. I'd tell you folks how much I ate, but you'd either feel inferior or shake your head for several possible, various reasons. Some may even be valid? :) Home now watching the Braves-Mets game that I DVR'd. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
PSF_KaywoodiePOY.jpg

Joe H

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 22, 2024
Alaska
I had three old (‘50s to ’70s) drug-store pipes going today. From top to bottom: Dr. Grabow, Comfort and Medico. I finished up an experiment trying to modify Three Nuns more to my liking. There’s a thread on the project in the tobacco discussion sub-forum. It’s been a really fun history/research/smoking break from my normal aromatic smokes.
24 Sep 24b.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Near the last third of this bowl of year 2022 KBV Mr. Christian's Haunted Virginia 2022 in a straight, black sandblasted 1980s Comoy’s Mark-2 G * 6 (4) bulldog with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Been raining off and on all day, but the thunderstorms showed up a couple of hours or so ago. I finally got Daisy the Feral Princess in come out from under the deck and go into the house a few minutes ago. She's eating now. Harry the Hairy and Tomato the Brave were waiting for us when we came home. I fed Harry outside, and Tomato ate plenty inside, and is snoozin' on m'lady's chair. Harry's probably under he deck. Didn't see Abner the Eager at all.
Comoy's_Mark2_bulldog.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and am near the half way mark of this bowl of Watch City American Cut Plug Mixture in a smooth medium bend terracotta Peterson POY 2023 X160 464/1100 military mount egg with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. With any luck, I'll end the day with this smoke.
Peterson_POY2023_X160.jpg

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
North Central Florida
I've had a pouch of SWR for a few months that I got from P&C in a promotion. SWR was my first 'love'.
I hadn't smoked any for a very long time and was worried, concerned, or trepidatious that it wouldn't be anywhere near to what my memory told me it was.
Well, I'm happily surprised. It's burning tastily in my 1954 Shellbriar. Dunhill 656 / saddle stem.

PaulRVA

Lifer
May 29, 2023
“Tobacco Row” Richmond Virginia USA
What year is your Whangee, I have a 93 that I’ve been holding off to find a good blend for it, yours as some good color happening
Man, Talk about irony it’s a 1993 as well. I passed on one back in 93 at a B&M while in DC and ran across this one as an estate.
That picture was unsmoked
And right after that photo was the first smoke. I always start off with Straight Virginia’s or Virginia Blends then move on from there and find out what it seems to like. Might be superstition or maybe it actually works but a clean burning blend less likely to leave a ghost seems to work for me so that’s what I always do. Let’s see that 93 of yours.