PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Almost a third of the way through this bowl of Wilke 10 Downing Street in an undated straight, smooth flame grain Wessex Standard billiard with a brown accent on the tapered black vulcanite stem. Did a few things around the house. Couldn't post the last smoke until I was near the end because Abner the Eager decided to snooze on my lap. He's been doing more of that with me lately.
Wessex_Standard_Billiard.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Just finished smoking Wilke Lizzie Blood Virginia in a straight black with a burgundy undertone sandblasted early 1960s Lane era Charatan 420 billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Fed all the ferals except for the absent Abner the Eager, who was here all morning, noon, and most of the night. Did a little kitchen cleaning and then cleaned some pipes.
Charatan_billiard_420.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking year 2014 Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a late '80s, early 90s small bend medium brown smooth, unbranded Nording pot with a couple of small rusticated spots, an amber colored acrylic ferrule and tapered stem in the military mount style. I really enjoy this pipe. Watching Wyatt Earp with Sleepy Suzy by my side. Daisy the Feral Princess is snoozin' by my feet. I may end the day with this smoke.
Nording_pot_unbranded.jpg

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Connecticut, USA
Davidoff Virginia Flake Medallion (Virg;Per;BlCav) in the Vauen Olaf bent egg with columbian coffee and cream on the side. I'm glad I bought this tin of medallions to try. Its excellent flavorful tobacco and smooth. A top 5 seller on Sp.com. Most importantly I learned a valuable lesson ... I have been overfilling my pipes ! One medallion is sufficient for 30-50 mins of slow sipping and smokes slower with more flavor.
This will change my smoking pattern and save on tobacco !

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Never really slept, so I've been reading, watching some television, and spending a little time outside with Harry the Hairy, which he loved. Earlier, I smoked a bowl of John Aylesbury Scottish Blend in a 2002 black pebble finish straight Cavicchi C. Fatto A Mano lovat with a black acrylic saddle stem.
Cavicchi_lovat.jpg

Currently, I close to finishing this bowl of Ken Byron Ventures Jim’s Special Flake 2023 in a 1984 black rusticated full bend Peterson Mark Twain military mount egg with a silver cap and tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem.
Peterson_MarkTwain_Rusticated.jpg

Ben.R.C

Lifer
Nov 20, 2022
North Carolina
Chenet’s cake in my #1 pipe. Eltang brandy snail grade. All my new Danish pipes, Scovgaard, Eltang, Manduela, etc. initially left orange stain on my hands. I’ve since heard that this is normal for the special contrast stains they use. I’ve never seen it from any other country of origin. They do stop losing stain after a few weeks without a faded finish.

IMG_0272.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.