PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carol

Lifer
Dec 15, 2021
NW NM, USA
First time trying Lane Black Raspberry. Dried it a few hours first. Used my "berry" dedicated cob, with the red line to designate. It isn't bad. Has a pleasant subtle sweetness. Better than the cherry tobaccos I've tried so far. Not sure I'll be buying more, but it's a nice change of pace.20230905_130911.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a Jethro Bodine size bowl of Raisin Bran with extra raisins thrown in, and a big peach on the side. I just finished smoking year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
I’d read that Orlik Golden Sliced was a good candidate for fold-and-stuff, so I tried it in my Dr Grabow Omega. It’s got the tallest and narrowest chamber of my briars, so why not.

IMG_1806.jpeg

I had my usual troubles getting it going, and did not quite achieve Nirvana, but it had some nice moments. About midway through, I picked up some notes of the PS Cube Cut I smoke a lot in this pipe, which were not unwelcome. It made me curious if us “wet smokers” are likely to experience ghosting to a greater degree, from getting the residue in the shank extra wet…

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Getting to the bottom of this tin of SG&Co Squadron Leader special edition with Perique, in a Peterson B11 bent brandy sitter with a smooth finish and grain that has deepened in contrast and visibility over the twelve or so years I've owned it. This was a modestly priced version of this excellent sitter shape and the grain looks far better now than it did when I bought it. Anyone else had that experience with a pipe?

I'm tempted to seek to order another tin of this blend, but I have so many others waiting in the wings, a great selection of really choice blends, that it may be a while to repeat this experience -- maybe for next summer.

It's still hot, pushing 100 F here in central N.C. I'm running my wife's little Toyota manual shift around town after jump starting it, to get the computer re-set so I can get the car inspected to pay the registration fee and property tax. It takes about 200 miles to reset. It's a chore, but I'm enjoying driving manual shift again, which I did for more than thirty years.

Status
Not open for further replies.