PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Did a set of walking reps, and smoked a bowl of year 2016 D&R Three Sails in an undated straight brush etched black Molina apple with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Watching the Reds-Cubs game. It's time for some lunch, too.
Molina_Apple.jpg

Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
Seat-of-the-pants mixtures today. Started with about equal parts C&D red and bright Virginia ribbon in the MM Hardwood. Not bad, I was able to draw out some nice sweetness and flavor with tiny sips. Past smokes if those blending tobaccos had sometimes been bland, so I think my technique is improving!

IMG_1762.jpeg

Second bowl was an attempt at C&D style VaBurPer, with pinches of white and dark Burley, Sutliff Perique, and red Virginia in the Old West bulldog that @Streeper541 gave me. Well, I keep forgetting that a little dark Burley goes a long way, and it ended up tasting like a cigar. Oh well! 😁

IMG_1763.jpeg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tall stack of cinnamon raisin French toast with a peach on the side. I'm not far from finishing this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Larry's Espresso #9, neat, is my drink.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

sax&pipes86

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 22, 2020
New Jersey
Had a great morning hanging out with a good friend who also smokes pipes. I had a great bowl of capstan blue flake in a Castello trademark KK apple. Then some Rattrays brown clunee in a radice mini shape 55 with caminetto rod stock stem. And to close some c&d bayou morning flake from 2020 in an Ian fisher bent sandblasted billiard with Cumberland stem. Starting off September right! Happy smokes all! IMG_5960.jpeg
IMG_5961.jpeg
IMG_5962.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.