PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Passing the first third of this bowl of Wilke No. 24 in a smooth straight brown 1949 KBB Yello-Bole Century Model Lovat with a nickel band accent on the black vulcanite saddle stem. Working and listening to the Colonial Theater adaptation of the Perry Mason novel The Case of the Lucky Legs. I only have three of them, and five were made. They are excellent productions.
KBB Yello-Bole Century Model Lovat.jpg

Jun 16, 2018
Athens, Greece
Weinig no 7 in a MM Hardwood this morning.
Reading Greek poetry and a novel by a writer I like very much for a long time, the American crime author Lawrence Block and his famous character (many films are based on him) Matthew Scudder, an ex cop, ex alcoholic, now a private investigator (sometimes licensed, mostly not) who lives and works, solving cases, in NY city.
A week before I ordered the last few books I didn't have and now I own the complete series. Among them, the lately published "Autobiography of Matthew Scudder" where the hero of the books "speaks" about himself!

"He who likes to read lives many lives, not just his own" said a wise man. It is so I believe, don't you good people?
I wish you a nice weekend!

Weinig no 7 - MM Hardwood pipe_I.JPG
Weinig no 7 - MM Hardwood pipe_II.JPG

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A third of the way through this bowl of year 2020 D&R Raccoon’s Delight in my very reliable smooth straight post-1938 pre-Republic Peterson Sterling Canadian 263 with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem.
Peterson_PR_Canadian_Sterling263.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Listing this a few minutes early: Wilke No. 72 in a pre-1974 dark brown straight Larus & Brother Co. Signature billiard with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem with the initials LCR on the top of the stem. This blend was smoked by Walter Cronkite.
Larus and Brother pot.jpg

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
Yiassou Christos D. Tsatsaronis!
I like Mr. Block's other character Bernie Rhodenbarr, the gentleman burglar, a bit lighter and quite funny.
Two of my favorites are Robert B. Parker's Spenser books, with Boston as the background, and Sara Paretsky's V. I. Warshawski books that feature Chicago. As with the Scudder books, the city is a big part of the story.
I also see you're reading Katerinaki's poems. Powerful and moving stuff.
Keep reading and smoking in good health.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Half way through this bowl from a freshly opened tin of year 2014 Orlik Golden Sliced in an early 20th century Gordon Special Bruyere 49 apple with a triangular shank and tapered black vulcanite stem. This means I'll put my three OGS pipes to work for a while. Finished work for the day, chased off the possum so Daisy the Feral Princess and Tomato the Brave (not when it comes to possums or raccoons or much else for that matter) could eat. I stood around to make sure they didn't get their food eaten by anybody else.
Gordon Special Bruyere 49 apple.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Barely slept, so I got up and have been doing some reading. Have just under a third of a bowl left of year 2014 Peter Stokkebye Luxury Bullseye Flake in a smooth dark brown quarter bend post-1935 KBB/Kaywoodie New England Briar Pipe Company Flagship 83B Rhodesian with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
KBB NEPC_83B_Rhodesian.jpg

BlueRidge

Can't Leave
Dec 24, 2022
a blend of Bayou Morning and Three Friars inna cob
QJk9HA3h.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.