PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Just got in from walking WeeBay with the old Civic and some MacB London Blend, one of my favourite burley blends, perhaps the favourite but sadly discontinued. Now smoking some 3 year old Capstan Blue in the Ferndown Tudor Root with gold band, this pipe is pretty much reserved for straight Va’s which means it’s not smoked that often but after not smoking Capstan for over a year I might be packing it a lot more often. image.jpg

BCF

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 23, 2022
Pennsylvania
Listening to the Penn State halftime show (10 all at Northwestern, ahem), and smoking Sutliff Revelation Match in this small Boswell. My wife picked up a six pack of this Magners Cider while getting my case of Coors this morning. Pretty good! Enjoy the day everyone!
20230930_133622.jpg

Carol

Lifer
Dec 15, 2021
NW NM, USA
Well, knowing how much I love grape tootsie pops, a friend sent me a tin of Visions of Celephais. I tried it today, in an old cob. Hmmmm. It smells great, no doubt of that. Let it dry about 30 min and it stayed lit for me. But wow, did it bite! Burned my tongue rather nastily. Might be the Virginias I suppose. Sooo, it's jarred up, labeled and will stay there for a couple months. At least I can say I tried it. Couldn't taste the grape, nor the spices everyone talks about. I like an occasional glass of spiced wine, so was looking forward to this. Can't taste nothin right now. Sigh. Live and learn. :oops:20230930_111908.jpg

RobNYC

Lifer
Dec 10, 2021
Queens, N.Y.
Well, knowing how much I love grape tootsie pops, a friend sent me a tin of Visions of Celephais. I tried it today, in an old cob. Hmmmm. It smells great, no doubt of that. Let it dry about 30 min and it stayed lit for me. But wow, did it bite! Burned my tongue rather nastily. Might be the Virginias I suppose. Sooo, it's jarred up, labeled and will stay there for a couple months. At least I can say I tried it. Couldn't taste the grape, nor the spices everyone talks about. I like an occasional glass of spiced wine, so was looking forward to this. Can't taste nothin right now. Sigh. Live and learn. :oops:View attachment 250140
I'm very sorry to hear about this unfortunate turn of events. Life owes you one.

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Just got done refurbing this CPF
-Colossal Pipe Factory- pipe, from what I can glean from information gathered so far it’s a pre KB&B which would put it somewhere before 1898 but quite possibly later as these are difficult to date exactly. Now ghost free I’m going to make the first smoke Bankside and see how it goes. This was a gift from a good friend after one I brought on eBay wasn’t sent, probably due to the seller getting a higher offer and being a total dick. View attachment 249367View attachment 249368

The C.P.F. brand produced pipes until about 1920 or 1921.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Did a set of walking reps on this beautiful day, and am close to finishing this bowl of year 2016 D&R Three Sails in an undated straight brush etched black Molina apple with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. One of my best friends from my college days is coming over again very soon. Over 40 years of friendship, and we've never had an argument. He's a good a human as I've ever known.
Molina_Apple.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.