PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
Watching England’s girls play the Dutch at the moment with Luminaire in a Kaywoodie Straight Grain, I believe it’s a custom made job as it’s a push bit with no stinger. A drop of pear brandy goes well with this. View attachment 249207
Nice ‘woodie! Looking at the clover, I’m betting it’s early rather than late. Can’t see if it says “briar” or “bruyere”…

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Just got done refurbing this CPF
-Colossal Pipe Factory- pipe, from what I can glean from information gathered so far it’s a pre KB&B which would put it somewhere before 1898 but quite possibly later as these are difficult to date exactly. Now ghost free I’m going to make the first smoke Bankside and see how it goes. This was a gift from a good friend after one I brought on eBay wasn’t sent, probably due to the seller getting a higher offer and being a total dick. image.jpgimage.jpg

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
I'm not sure where your Friday is headed, but wish you luck on the journey and will see you on the other side. Sometimes you just need to howl at the moon ...

However, I don't run. The ice cubes fall out of my glass.
My dear Amish friend, I understand you perfectly. I don't use ice either, not even water, because of climate change. I even take dry showers, which I don't even know what that means. I've put on my best running shoes, so I think they'll take me a few meters further. If you drop the ice from your glass, maybe it's because you have a deaf glass, which drops the ice. I wish you a happy Friday when friggin' Friday comes. I don't really like Fridays, I like Friday nights better.

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Nice ‘woodie! Looking at the clover, I’m betting it’s early rather than late. Can’t see if it says “briar” or “bruyere”…
Thank you, I love this pipe very much and I’m looking for a Birdseye to complement it but they seem to be rare as hens teeth. It’s marked “Briar” shape #99 and I think it’s 50’s but could be wrong, I’d appreciate your input if you think otherwise.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Passing the half way mark on this bowl of early 2000s Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Watching Mad Dog Russo's show even though he's not there today. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Jun 23, 2019
Rumbling through my cellar and we found a gem: smoking bowl of 2017 SG St James Flake with a healthy pinch of Shortcut to Mushrooms mixed in. Lighting it up in this self-restored S. Bang Brandy with an 'Aristocratica Rossa' stain:

Ni1SYiQh.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Did a set of walking reps under cloudy skies, and smoked a bowl of year 2016 D&R Three Sails in an undated straight brush etched black Molina apple with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Straightening up the den because an old college friend is in town, and coming to over to see us. Having some Lavazza Classico, neat, from a freshly opened bag.
Molina_Apple.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.