Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanzini

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2021
Bristow, VA
Thanks to a fellow piper who sent me a bowl’s worth from his cellar - enjoying some Samuel Gawith (2004) Full Virginia flake in this newly acquired Stanwell Brass Band 192. Don’t know if it’s my favorite tobacco, but it is right up there near the top. And the Stanwell could well be my new favorite smoker. A wonderful nightcap indeed. Cheers!

48D080B4-DB0D-44BC-ABB4-3A616F0A7F90.jpegDBECCAC7-9873-443B-8D36-94C75F030383.jpeg

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
Having a bowl of Simon’s special (tambolaka and brown #4) in a Byford. I think this is the first time I have smoked a pipe with an aluminium tenon/mortise connection

View attachment 96504View attachment 96505
These are fabulous pipes, IMHO.

The condenser is actually pretty efficient at drying the smoke. I flush them after smoking to get all the gunk out.

I have 8-9 of em…

9A71E1AC-0A4C-40FC-87FA-FBF6CB1A8C61.jpeg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Actually one of my default blends. Between it and Sutliff TS24, they're probably my most smoked tobaccos. I saw SPC had a C&D bulk blend sake and picked up four more pounds. I'd probably put it side by side with Angler's Dream and you know how much I like that one. The deertongue in 382 melds so much with the blend that it becomes a part of it without standing out.
Thanks for the info. Very helpful.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com

Samuel Gawith: 1792 Flake in a Meer...
yMjMjKn.jpg

@weezell I enjoyed it in my clay pipe.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Not far from finishing this bowl of AcesFour’s VaBur in the third pipe I ever bought ($1.95), a 1974 smooth straight French briar Hadley NEBPC apple with a black vulcanite tapered stem. Finished work for the day, and fed the indoor and three of the four feral cats.
Hadley_NEBPC_apple.jpg

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Good Morning Men! Beautiful day in the offing. Sitting at my desk contemplating the tasks of the day as I sort through my ashtray and smoke up yesterdays dottles. It's my effort to be environmentally responsible and reduce my carbon foot print and if you believe that I have a bridge in Brooklyn that I can sell you! With inflation, shrink-flation and all these other forms of 'flation' I have noticed that whilst the price of tobacco seems to increase year on year it is still cheaper than in the U.K or Canada or any part of the Commonwealth so I suppose I must be grateful for small mercies. My pipe today is a lovely 'Devils Arse' in a faux crocodile case, amber stem with heavily embellished silver band. It's a little off from my usual diet of 'cutty' pipes but the bowl is the perfect size for dottle destruction. I would guess it's age to be somewhere around the early 1900s. Enjoy your day and I'll see you all after a bowl and some coffee.

thumbnail-2.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.