Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and am smoking Wilke No. 222 in a late 40s, early 50s straight black sandblasted Wagner (Comoy’s second) pot with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Working and listening to Lights Out on the XM.
 Wagner_pot.jpg

Jun 9, 2018
England
Yeah, that is on my list of blends to try but from everything I've read it changed a few years ago and now contains a tiny bit of Perique and some added flavoured toppings. I'm on the look out for a straight red Virginia in the Christmas Cheer/C&D Carolina Red Flake mold and there's nothing like that available over here.

Jun 9, 2018
England
Tried my first bowl of Mick McQuaid Plug.
I purchased a couple of packets that have 12 years of age on them and decided to open one to see if it was as nice as I was hoping and It was. It has a lovely brandy & almond topping that works really well with the stout tobacco and it reminds me of Warrior in that respect.
I really can't understand why Mick McQuaide Plug, Warrior Plug and others were discontinued. I'm sure if they were available on Smokingpipes they would sell out immediately.
Another one I'll have to go easy on to make it last :(

Status
Not open for further replies.