PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Yes yes @OzPiper a fine day of reflection had here at the the #edgeoftheworld and my thoughts have often drifted to Elizabeth and her forebears, what a truly remarkable lady. My days here are spent surrounded by the old Van Diemens Land Pastoral Company (hence my user name) which up until very recently still operated under Royal Warrant only to be consumed by the voracious appetite of Chinese interests. I’m heavy in thought as I pen this whilst smoking Latakia flake in a 999 and drinking Guinness and my thoughts drift towards Ireland now the very root of my existence. My family arrived here in Hobart Town in the April of 1822 via Bengal on the “Medway”. Mmmmmm it reminds of a saying my great grandmother would utter, “time flies like the weavers shuttle”. Happy smokes everyone
View attachment 170536

Seen Taz buzzing around lately? LOL 😆

042C103D-AEB3-442C-8DCD-AFDD65809C6E.gif

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
I love that Dr. Grabow of yours! She's a looker for sure! I'll bet she smokes just as good!

Thanks! ❤️

It is an amazing smoker, as nice as some of the pipes I’ve smoked costing 5x more, I was lucky to get this.

The front has a really wild blast to it, almost spider web looking when you are holding it, not sure if you’ve seen this before.

Aloha 🤙

5A67EEB6-D54F-4E1E-817C-C2CD1647CE0C.jpeg

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
I have actually 🤣 we have a group of them out the back of the farm in a very quiet spot. I should go out one night and get some current pics for you all as they are fascinating animals.

I was just saying before, for all the members around the world, it would be really great if they posted some scenery pics, when having a puff.

Please do, can’t wait to see the Little Devils, pun intended LOL 😆

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A quarter of the way through my last smoke of the day, which is Wilke No. 515 in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This was the blend Basil Rathbone smoked.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Just finished my last summer bowl, C&D Folklore (sample) in my Stefano Santambrogio bent Rhodesian. Had a very laborious day cutting down a dead tree with nothing but a 21" bow saw and pure arm strength, so this one is well-deserved, I think. Happy to be done, relaxing with a beer, and celebrating the arrival of my favorite season.

Bird report: House finch, Common raven, White-breasted nuthatch, Dark-eyed junco (early this year!), and Anna's hummingbird. It was 39 degrees this morning...looks to be a doozy of a winter up here in the SoCal mountains. I bet we break our record (since we've been up here anyway) of 6 degrees.

Happy Autumn everyone!

View attachment 170515
@Servant King Well done for cutting down the tree 🎄 by hand saw. I'd have helped you if I'd been around!

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
I was just saying before, for all the members around the world, it would be really great if they posted some scenery pics, when having a puff.

Please do, can’t wait to see the Little Devils, pun intended LOL 😆
@PipeIT My favourite places for a puff are Cromford and Old Brampton churchyards and the Wellington Monument on Baslow Edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.