PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful wild caught catfish and green beans dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm just finishing this bowl of year 2013 Dunhill Flake in a straight smooth 1960 Dunhill DR 137 group 4 root briar canted dublin with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Dunhill_Birthyear-Left.jpg

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011

Peterson: 3 P's Peterson's Perfect Plug in a Falcon with aMeer bowl...​

WYoCgIC.jpg

@cshubhra I tried a bit of Epiphany in my clay pipes; finished my packet of SG Black Forest (the real life "Clay King 👑") today. Worn the Redcoat again today; going to get it dry cleaned during Stoptober:)
@condorlover1 calls it my smoking jacket:)
What did you think of Epiphany?

It’s very interesting that you stop smoking every Morning October! Why October though? Why not Stoptember, Stopember or that matter Stopuary ?

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Love to hear your thoughts on your comparison smokes!
I’m also curious as to what kind of wood your cabinets are made from.
The Virginias have smoothed out considerably, more sweet and less bright, lost some citrus kick but gained some tang. The perique is certainly more noticeable in the older version, and oddly somewhat spicier.

And the bar cabinet doors in the background I made out of pine panels with a birch live edge slab on top 😉

The island countertop the pipes are on is a giant butcher block made of mixed hardwoods.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Just finished my last summer bowl, C&D Folklore (sample) in my Stefano Santambrogio bent Rhodesian. Had a very laborious day cutting down a dead tree with nothing but a 21" bow saw and pure arm strength, so this one is well-deserved, I think. Happy to be done, relaxing with a beer, and celebrating the arrival of my favorite season.

Bird report: House finch, Common raven, White-breasted nuthatch, Dark-eyed junco (early this year!), and Anna's hummingbird. It was 39 degrees this morning...looks to be a doozy of a winter up here in the SoCal mountains. I bet we break our record (since we've been up here anyway) of 6 degrees.

Happy Autumn everyone!

stefano.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.