PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaukisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 31, 2021
Northern Germany
Did you ever try the boiling water and press-method? Put the tenon in boiling hot water for a minute or so. Then press it on the tabletop in right angle. Repeat if necessary until the right fit. It will compress the tenon a little bit and make it wider as far as it’s made of acryl or ebonite. Be careful not to overdo this, otherwise it may crack the shank. Repaired twice a loose fit with that, cracked a fine line in one.
That's a good idea, I'll definitely keep that in mind if I should ever get a really loose fitting pipe. Thanks! 👍

ChonkyTonks

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 14, 2022
Philly
Tried out F&T Special Brown. Made it through two char lights before I hit the eject button. Never tried it before, but definitely not on my list going forward. I have a growing number of blends that do not agree with me. Once I hit the 4-month mark, you will see them listed. Going to get in a pipe of McConnell's Red Virginia before I catch my flight to St. Louis tonight.

C'mon brother, show a little love to that Holmes and Watson set. I love the adventures of the Altinay, but I feel for that lonely pair of pipes.😄
I will start smoking the Holmes / Watson set and all of my other pipes soon. They have been resting quite a while 😊
Now it is cigar time - Oliva Serie V Melanio

Status
Not open for further replies.