PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
For our 5th Anniversary last month, Susan had ordered a pipe for me, but, the wrong one was sent and had to be returned. The correct one has finally arrived!

Going to have an inaugural smoke of Esoterica And So to Bed in a Royal Copenhagen Porcelain Bent Dublin with Silver Band from the early ’70s (with matching porcelain stand) designed by the legendary Jørn Micke.

Jørn Micke might be American pipe artisan, Todd Johnson’s favourite pipe maker of all time.

View attachment 169931
Jeff,
So pleased you got that Jorn Micke Royal Copenhagen porcelain Dublin.
Nice that yours comes with a marching pipe rest.
He won the design competition against notable pipe makers such as Anne Julie and IB Loran.
Enjoy

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
I ended yesterday with Yorktown in a Linkman’s Dr. Grabow from the 1930’s.
View attachment 169938
And I’m starting the morning with Yorktown in a Linkman’s Dr. Grabow from the 1930’s.
View attachment 169939
@Jwebb90 I was smoking Yorktown at the Redcoats and Revolutionaries event when the blacksmith lit my clay pipe with an ember from his forge 🔥:)
I think Yorktown is well suited to Redcoat events.
Saving my War Horse Green Bar for re-enactment smoking next year.
I'm only buying pipe baccy for re-enactments next year; if I've got any left I'll smoke it when I go for a country walk or a pint at the pub.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Got some serious clay pipe smoking to do over the next 2 weeks before my abstinence starts in October!
Not smoking anything next month as I'm taking part in Stoptober.
Not buying any more pipeweed until re-enactments next year.
Need to stay out of shops that sell pipe baccy:)
This is less of a problem now I'm doing my shopping online; it also cuts down on the stress levels making me want to smoke a clay pipe less in the first place:)

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A third of the way through this bowl of D&R Penhooker in a 1990 straight dark brown Commemorative reproduction of the 1890 Peterson Patent System 12393 stack billiard with a silver band and a bowed black acrylic 32 AB long stem p-lip. The burning chamber is smaller than it looks, but this pipe is a very good looker and smoker. Just fed Daisy the Feral Princess, and am going back to work as I listen to Fibber McGee and Molly. W named one of our cats after Molly McGee.
Peterson_Commen. Billiard-Stack.jpg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
The Sillems tins look better than they are practical
They don't have a good seal unfortunately. 😟
I jar my Sillems and keep the tin for photos only 😄
@OzPiper @Chaukisch @Birddog66 @simong I'll have to get a tin of Sillems Musketeer to smoke in my clay pipes; I love the tin art with the English Civil War era Redcoat smoking a clay pipe:)
I'd re-use the tin for loose Gawith Hoggarth or as an ashtray.
A perfect tobacco for the Clay King 👑:)

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
@OzPiper @Chaukisch @Birddog66 @simong I'll have to get a tin of Sillems Musketeer to smoke in my clay pipes; I love the tin art with the English Civil War era Redcoat smoking a clay pipe:)
A perfect tobacco for the Clay King 👑:)
With a name like "Musketeer" - it's a must-have / must try blend
I've only tried the "Black" and "Green". I like both very much

Chaukisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 31, 2021
Northern Germany
Be sure to let us know how it works. Good luck!
Will do!
I love the tin art with the English Civil War era Redcoat smoking a clay pipe:)
I'll probably keep every tin I buy in the future, decent way to carry the tobac around. I even keep all my cigar and cigarillo boxes, they're great for keeping lighters, tamperers, pipes or whatever. And you can peel off the "smoking is bad, m'kay" stickers. I hate how half the tin surface is covered with them.

On topic:

The first bowl of today and the second one for this new pipe. It's shabbily fabricated and hard on the draw but it smokes. It was an amusing offer, for 30€ they randomly send you one out of 12 pipes. Of course I didn't get what I wanted. 😁
The first and probably last time I buy cheap bruyere pipes from online shops. It's also my first experience with a yucky coating in the chamber. But here she is, the new donkey in the collection:

20220918_104801 - Copy.jpg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Will do!

I'll probably keep every tin I buy in the future, decent way to carry the tobac around. I even keep all my cigar and cigarillo boxes, they're great for keeping lighters, tamperers, pipes or whatever. And you can peel off the "smoking is bad, m'kay" stickers. I hate how half the tin surface is covered with them.

On topic:

The first bowl of today and the second one for this new pipe. It's shabbily fabricated and hard on the draw but it smokes. It was an amusing offer, for 30€ they randomly send you one out of 12 pipes. Of course I didn't get what I wanted. 😁
The first and probably last time I buy cheap bruyere pipes from online shops. It's also my first experience with a yucky coating in the chamber. But here she is, the new donkey in the collection:

View attachment 169951
@Chaukisch Good 👍 re-use of empty tobacco tins!
I'm interested in reusing and recycling everything I can:)
Not much single use plastic with me; I get my toiletries and cleaning bottles refilled, I use the Ocean 🌊 Saver cleaning refills and when I go to Buxton I fill my water 💦 bottle at the drinking fountain.
Got 2 jackets I found while litter picking - in my size:)
Going to wear my Redcoat and smoke a clay again today; I've got some serious clay pipe smoking to do before the end of the month when I take part in Stoptober!

Status
Not open for further replies.