PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

coys

Can't Leave
Feb 15, 2022
Missouri
I’m a beginner (less than a year), and what I’ve got right now is 965, Father Dempsey, Presbyterian, and Lane 1-Q.

I was recommended the first and the last in that list to start with. I like the 965 a lot, and the 1-Q smells nice and burns quite well in my cob pipe.

What I really enjoy is the Presbyterian. It’s sort of mild and smooth while still having some of the character of the English? It’s nice and easy.

I’ve ordered a new sampler now, based on my limited experience which will be Early Morning Pipe, Nightcap, Capstan Blue, and Three Nuns. Hopefully I’ve made some good picks there.

—-

Edit - Sorry, I thought this meant tobacco not pipes! Feel free to ignore me!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Did second set of walking reps, and smoked a bowl of 2015 Viprati in a 2000s brown quarter bend sandblast Pierluigi 140 brandy military mount with a silver cap and an acrylic saddle stem. Got that in before the rain comes. Now, I'm back to the ballgame.
Pierluigi_brandy.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Almost half way through this bowl of year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This should get me to dinner time.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011

Gawith Hoggarth & Co.: Brown Bogie in a Meer...​

unnHXrw.jpg

LotusEater

Lifer
Apr 16, 2021
Kansas City Missouri
I’m a beginner (less than a year), and what I’ve got right now is 965, Father Dempsey, Presbyterian, and Lane 1-Q.

I was recommended the first and the last in that list to start with. I like the 965 a lot, and the 1-Q smells nice and burns quite well in my cob pipe.

What I really enjoy is the Presbyterian. It’s sort of mild and smooth while still having some of the character of the English? It’s nice and easy.

I’ve ordered a new sampler now, based on my limited experience which will be Early Morning Pipe, Nightcap, Capstan Blue, and Three Nuns. Hopefully I’ve made some good picks there.

—-

Edit - Sorry, I thought this meant tobacco not pipes! Feel free to ignore me!
I think you’ve made some great choices- those are all excellent blends.

Status
Not open for further replies.