PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 23, 2019
Good morning brothers and sisters of the leaf.
A bowl of C&D Big-n-Burley in an IMP Meerschaum. Black coffee. View attachment 166326

Great stem on that meerschaum, it's not a color I would expect to see on a meer but it looks so fitting!

- - -

Morning bowl with my coffee: Orlik Golden Slice in this cheeky little Bullfrog Eskimo:

IXT0huml.jpg

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
Happy September to everyone ! I had a test 1/2 bowl of Green Dragon in the Barontini1/2 spigot bent billiard. Due to a very porous hot spot on the pipe I lined the chamber with a thick layer of pipe mud (at least 1mm) and the pipe barely got warm to the touch. This is my second attempt but I think I did it properly this time. (Thanks to this forum and past threads!!) This may have resolved the issue but further testing must be done as time allows ! Enjoy the day. All the best !
Second Test - A bowl of Country Squire Old Toby in the Barontini 1/2 spigot to test the new pipemud bowl coating - The pipe got barely warm but not hot and I choo-choo trained for a minute to stoke the ember - The new bowl coating seems to work ! I did pick up slight flavoring from the bowl coating but that will burn off after another bowl or two. Next project will be to remove the heat damaged varnish and replace with paragon wax once I get some, but that will be a photographed process so I can make a post about it in repairs thread. So far so good. Have a great rest of the day ! P.S. Old Toby is always tasty !

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Close to finishing this bowl of year 2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.