PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking 2021 Watch City Simply VOriental in a straight smooth medium brown 1930s Wilshire 5 bulldog (Comoy’s second) made for John’s Pipe Shop in Los Angeles with a black vulcanite saddle stem. I fed Daisy the Feral Princess and Shy Stripesy. By sheer luck, I finally got a photo of her which I'll post later. Listening to an episode of Bob Dylan's Theme Time Radio Hour as I work.
 Wilshire 5 bulldog.jpg

Jun 23, 2019
Finally around for one of these monthly crossovers.. Smoking a late night bowl of GLP Windjammer in this Altinok African gourd Calabash:

WvWEujil.jpg

I've been really enjoying this blend in a cube cut, something about it gives the flavor profile a slightly different presentation - makes loading easier and kills any chance of smoking too hot.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and am smoking year 2013 Sam Gawith Squadron Leader in a straight post-1981 GBD Prehistoric 133 billiard with brass accents, the letter K stamped on the shank with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
GBD Prehistoric Billiard.jpg

Here's Shy Stripesy. I had to photograph her through the window or else she'd have run away.
Shy_Stripesy.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Finished work for the day, and am smoking Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a 2019 black rusticated Peterson 312 full bend billiard with a military mount and a nickel cap with a cumberland 4AB stem and a N.A.P. bit. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Time to check the forum, and read baseball box scores. I may end the day with this smoke if I get everything done in time.
PetersonNAP.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Took some pipe photos and labeled them, fed ferals more food, and my last smoke of the day is Watch City Queequeg’s Moby Dick Series in a slight bend smooth brown post WWII 1940s Sasieni Ivory 101 Westminster diplomat with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Now, I finally get to read box scores!
1940s_Sasieni_Ivory101_Westminster_diplomat.jpg

ChonkyTonks

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 14, 2022
Philly
I realize that I posted in the August thread earlier. Something to add:

First pipe this morning was C&D Haunted Bookshop. Better than I thought it would be. I look forward to spending more time with it. Second pipe was 2021 Cringle in my bones bulldog. Interesting change from Bookshop. More sweet and gentle.

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Hi everyone, I was lucky to find one of the rarest Kaywoodie pipes ever made recently, the Straight Grain was made intermittently in the 60’s and was among the finest in their range. It’s a wonderful pipe, weight, balance and smokes like a dream, I think it’s a custom model because it has a push bit instead of the screw in with stinger. image.jpgI use it for VaPers and am currently smoking 633 with my coffee.

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
Happy September to everyone ! I had a test 1/2 bowl of Green Dragon in the Barontini1/2 spigot bent billiard. Due to a very porous hot spot on the pipe I lined the chamber with a thick layer of pipe mud (at least 1mm) and the pipe barely got warm to the touch. This is my second attempt but I think I did it properly this time. (Thanks to this forum and past threads!!) This may have resolved the issue but further testing must be done as time allows ! Enjoy the day. All the best !

Status
Not open for further replies.